I made the pattern for the body, head, arms, legs, tail and mouth on cardstock. I will look tomorrow and see if I can find them and try and make a document pattern to post this weekend. I used granite looking contact paper that looks similar to sock monkey fabric. They colored the center of the eye with a black marker and put a white reinforcer over that for the eyes. I cut the mouth and tips of the feet and hands out of white contact paper. Much less mess than glue. The mouth was made with a red permanent marker. The kids made their monkeys into a character of choice and designed them themselves out of costruction paper. The silver space suit monkey was made out of silver contact I bought at Lowes.
It would be easier for you to cut all of the body parts out and let the kids design their monkeys using those. I didn't let them attach anything until after they had arranged it on the paper and I checked them first. We started out with the larger monkeys but they took up so much room on the wall and I had 39 students and a small room, so I made a smaller version to use on 12"x18" paper as the background. They turned out really cute and we enjoyed looking at them throughout the year.
I'm attaching a picture with the space suit in it.
I hope this helps