bucket filler/drop in the bucket - ProTeacher Community

linniccox

bucket filler/drop in the bucket
Old 07-05-2010, 08:21 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Anyone done this with their class? I am going to try it this year after a PTer suggested it. Do you have graphics for bulletin boards? Where did you find buckets at a decent price? Thanks!

linniccox is offline   Reply With Quote

LakeTeacher

Bucket Filling
Old 07-05-2010, 08:46 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I am doing this with my 1st graders this year. Mine is set up a lot like Beth Newingham's. I got my "buckets" from the $1 spot at Target. I am using little plastic flowerpots. Here is a link to my page:
http://teacherweb.com/MO/MillsElemen...ers/apt15.aspx

I plan to print little paper buckets for them to put stickers on each time their bucket is completely full. There is someone on here who posted what she'd made. http://www.proteacher.net/discussion...ad.php?t=97280
LakeTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote

wolono

We do bucketfilling schoolwide.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:47 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I am the principal at a preK-6th school. Each teacher reads the book to their class at the beginning of the year and then throughout the year when they need a reminder. I also have the book on PowerPoint and read it at our Back-to-School Assemblies. When students are caught filling someone's bucket, the adult who witnesses the act gives them a bucket filler card. They bring the card to the office to put in the school bucket. They receive at bucketfiller sticker. Twice a week, I draw out three names and those students get to come to my office to choose a book to take home. It has been a hug success for our site. I work in a high poverty area and the kids absolutely love getting to choose a book to keep forever. I bought my entire staff buckets from Target for a dollar and then some of the teachers choose to buy buckets for their students. Some made paper buckets. I ordered the bucket filler cards (business cards that have a picture of a bucket that says, "I got caught filling someone's bucket today.")off of Vista Print. The rest of my bucketfiller stuff is on my work laptop. I will look for it and try to attach it later.
wolono is offline   Reply With Quote

read2day

bucket filling
Old 07-05-2010, 10:24 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I did this last year. I found small, metal, colorful buckets in the Target dollar spot. I used "pompoms" which can be bought at craft stores or Walmart as drops. If you check out my Vista print link, one of the posters I made is a bucket filling reminder.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/51599391@N07/4761163734/

Be sure to click on the photostream link on the right side of the page.
read2day is offline   Reply With Quote

Leapin Lilly

Bucket Filler
Old 07-05-2010, 10:49 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Hi, I have done this for the past two years. I, also, bought the metal buckets for $1 at Target. My students decorated them with stickers. The students fill in a bucket slip complimenting a peer once a week. They drop their slips in the buckets and then I choose a time later in the day for them to check their buckets. The students love this activity. It is like getting valentines once a week. When I first begin I make sure that all students receive a bucket slip. We discuss why someone earns a slip. After a couple of weeks I know longer put slips in buckets where there are not any slips. If you goggle this you will find lots of ideas and even books to read to your students about buckets and not dipping from someone's bucket. Have fun!

Leapin Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote

Teacherking55

TO... Wolono...
Old 07-05-2010, 11:32 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I see that you are a principal. I don't know if you have read the "adult" How Full is Your Bucket? book... but I highly recommend it. It would be great to use with your staff, since you are doing it with your students. It is an easy wonderful read. What is great is that if you go on the following website.... you can email and print out drops to put in the bucket. It is a little more "adult" friendly and would be a great way to start faculty meetings. Just thought I would share. I shared it with my principal a couple of years ago and we set up a bucket and drops in the teacher's lounge and some teachers would also email them. It was a very positive experience. This year we are going school wide with the philosophy. Our principal wants to try to tie it to performance... I am going to a meeting next week with the committee... it is called "High Performance Learning".

http://strengths.gallup.com/114595/W...com-Users.aspx
Attachment

Sign in to view attachment. Not a member? Sign Up FREE
Teacherking55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Miss Mouse

Dollar Tree
Old 07-05-2010, 01:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I got my "buckets" in the wedding section at Dollar Tree. They are actually small, white favor boxes. My classroom theme was 50's, so each child had a guitar, root bear float or record die cut to put on the front of their bucket, along with their name. Cute and inexpensive.
Miss Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote

wolono

Here are photos of the
Old 07-05-2010, 05:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

bucketfiller cards the kids get and bring to the office.
Attachment

wolono

And this is the postcard that
Old 07-05-2010, 05:23 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

goes home to the parents when their name is chosen to pick a book. I got permission from the author to use their image for both of these items as well as using the bucket for bulletin boards.
Attachment

dolphinlover

Old 07-05-2010, 05:54 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

I LOVE this and have done it for the past two years! I bought buckets from Target in the dollar spot (blue and green). I re use them every year and just have my kids decorate a piece of paper that looks like a bucket. I tape these on and they use them all year. At the end of the year, I take them off and send them home, then I'm ready for the next set of kids.
dolphinlover is offline   Reply With Quote

fayssoux

Old 07-05-2010, 07:07 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

I am doing a fifties theme as well any othr suggestiopns? I am doing records I found for 10 cents at Goodwill.Any sayings? I to was going to do the buckets this year.
fayssoux is offline   Reply With Quote

Jess

Question
Old 07-05-2010, 07:34 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

Instead of using actual buckets, could you use a chart (with a pic of a bucket) and put stickers (smiley face stickers) on the chart when they are filling someone's bucket?
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote

deb603

paper buckets
Old 07-06-2010, 04:07 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #13

If you don't want to spend any money, make paper (card stock) buckets that the kids color. Just staple them to a bulletin board so they make a little pocket. The kids stick their cards in behind the bucket. I think this year I'm going to find some envelopes to put behind them so they last longer.
deb603 is offline   Reply With Quote

Teacherking55

Old 07-06-2010, 08:09 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #14

I some where someone took library pockets and glued a picture of the bucket on the front. Then you would just put your slips in the pockets.
Teacherking55 is offline   Reply With Quote

fayssoux

Old 07-07-2010, 07:27 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #15

I am doing a 1950s theme too and got records at the Goodwill store what else did you do in your classroom. I have tables so have painted the caddies red-guitars, yellow drive in/cheeseburger, blue-1950 chevy and green/records.Any other suggestions would be helpful, I have searched Target and they don't have the buckets, any other ideas.
Thanks,
Elizabeth
fayssoux is offline   Reply With Quote

misscrig

bulletin board
Old 07-08-2010, 04:22 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #16

Here is a pic of my board. The buckets were from Dollar Tree (in the wedding section).
Attachment

misscrig is offline   Reply With Quote
tcross314

tcross314

How Do I Print?
Old 09-03-2010, 06:40 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #17

Hi - How do I print your Bucket Fillers poster? Thanks!

bartlenr

Bucket filler PowerPoint
Old 06-13-2011, 05:14 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #18

I'm doing a project and was wondering if anyone had a good start of the year powerpoint to give kids bucket filling scenarios?
bartlenr is offline   Reply With Quote