Under the Sea Theme help please... - ProTeacher Community

teachforkids

Under the Sea Theme help please...
Old 07-16-2010, 09:35 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I'm not sure if anyone can help me with this, but I've been surprised before at what PT people come up with to share. I'm looking for a couple things to help me establish my Under the sea theme...

1) on the first day of school I'm going to take my students pictures and use them to make a bulletin board for a welcome back to school bulletin board. On this board I'm going to have pictures of scuba diver bodies and what I'd like to do is have the face of each scuba diver be one of my students. So basically, I want to a picture of a scuba diver clip art where I can cut out the faces of my students from the pictures I took and paste the faces on the scuba diver so it looks like they are the divers. Make sense? But I'm having difficulty finding a clip art picture that has the face of the scuba diver facing foward. I'm finding a lot of pictures with a profile view of the diver's face. Anyone have one already made or know of where I can get the picture?

2) The second thing I'm looking for is a catchy phrase for my behavior board. I'm going to use these scuba pictures all year for my behavior board. I'm going to put a sticker chart for each of them next to their scuba picture for them to keep track of their behavior. In the past I've given students a sticker for each day that they have earned it and then if the students have earned their stickers all week, they get Friday Fun at the end of the week, but this year I want to switch it up to help the challenging students be motivated to earn their stickers and not have them miss out on fun friday when they miss only one sticker, I'd like to make it something like this

Earn 5 stickers - Expert Scuba Diver! Earn Friday Fun and Lunch with the Scuba instructor (me, their teacher)
Earn 4 Stickers - Some other cute title (Earn Friday Fun)
Earn 3 stickers..

You get the idea, I hope

Anyways, any ideas???? Thanks!

teachforkids is offline   Reply With Quote

tchng3rd

Diving Ideas
Old 07-17-2010, 11:05 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Of course, you can use "Diving Into Great/Good Behavior" or "We have oceans of good behavior!" Also, "Sea" us show good behavior!"

There are different levels of divers...dive master, dive instructor, open water diver...you can search PADI's website for other ideas.

Hope this helps!
tchng3rd is offline   Reply With Quote