Washing machine question- delayed start? - ProTeacher Community

Mrs. Hos

Washing machine question- delayed start?
Old 07-16-2010, 04:47 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

We recently bought a Samsung front-loading washer and dryer. One of the great features on the washing machine is that you can delay the start of the wash up to 24 hours. I was trying it out tonight to see how it works and I was a little confused. When I set it, then does the control panel stay on and lit up for that many hours? Usually when not in use, it is off. Is using it often and having the panel on for that long bad for my machine? I was hoping to throw a load in and set it so it was done when I get home from work so I can throw it in the dryer.

Anyone have one and know the answer. Thanks 8o)

rachelmpd

I have a delay
Old 07-16-2010, 04:55 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

on my machine-but not 24 hours. I set it and the light stays on and the timer counts down-I think an hour at a time. I don't use the washer when I am not home, but it should be done when you get home and ready for the dryer.

Mrs. Hos

Hmmm
Old 07-16-2010, 05:10 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Is it bad to use the washer when I'm not home? I could set it for right before I get up and throw it in the dryer when I leave. But then the dryer is going when I'm not home? I am trying to get a handle on getting chores done during the week instead of it piling up for the weekend and thought if I delay started one load a day, threw it in the dryer when I got home, then it wouldn't pile up.

freckleface

delayed washer
Old 07-16-2010, 05:42 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I have up to an 8 hour delay on mine and I use it all the time. It won't hurt the washer. I throw the load in the AM before I leave and set the timer. It's washed and ready for the dryer when I get home. I don't worry about the washer running when I'm gone as it's right by a floor drain, but I don't run the dryer when I'm gone because that involves a 220 current in an appliance that has to heat up.

Mrs. Hos

Thanks!
Old 07-16-2010, 05:45 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Thanks freckleface, that's just the feedback I was looking for! I really hope I can get in the habit of doing it so my laundry burden is less on the weekends 8o)

luv2chat

Old 07-16-2010, 06:03 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I have the Samsung washer too with the 24 hour delay. I love it. I set it for during the night after everyone has had their baths, etc. Then in the morning I can just throw stuff in the dryer. I have never looked to see what the display does while it's counting down.