Houghton Mifflin English and Writer's Workshop - ProTeacher Community

starsndaisies

Houghton Mifflin English and Writer's Workshop
Old 07-17-2010, 04:40 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am a first year teacher and I am going to be in third grade. I need your help. I am going to be the only third grade teacher at my school so, I have no grade level team to ask. I like writer's workshop but I don't know how to use it for grammar/parts of speech. My english series is Houghton Mifflin. For the first semester, it does grammar and second semester it is writing. I think my kids need to write all year. Does anyone else have a similar situation? What has worked for you? Thanks for your help!

starsndaisies is offline   Reply With Quote

scatnxxoo

Hm
Old 08-29-2010, 03:43 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

We have used HM for 10 years at my site. I may have an older version than you, but I use the writer's workshop for the whole theme. At the bottom of one of the pages in the writer's workshop is a box of other resources that are related to the writing and taught throughout the theme.

I use the workbook plus and the reteaching workbook for grammar a lot! You have to suppliment with your own prompts for the genre taught in order to stretch it out.
scatnxxoo is offline   Reply With Quote