Monkey Theme...any ideas?? - ProTeacher Community

MsLove2Teach

Monkey Theme...any ideas??
Old 07-23-2010, 05:43 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

This will be my first year teaching and I wanted to go with a monkey theme. Does anyone have any ideas for a behavior chart or any other ideas with monkeys that I can use in my classroom?

MsLove2Teach is offline   Reply With Quote

Miss.Mahoney

Old 07-23-2010, 06:16 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I don't know what you are planning on doing for your behavior chart but maybe the title "We Don't Monkey Around" or "Monkey Business." There are lots of monkey things at teacher stores. There is a cute job chart with monkeys hanging off trees with bananas. Just some ideas. Hope this helps, I'm a first year teacher too so we are in the same boat!
Miss.Mahoney is offline   Reply With Quote

akmom

I saw
Old 07-23-2010, 07:57 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

some bulletin items in Creative Teaching Press and Carson.. can't remember the rest. Very cute!
akmom is offline   Reply With Quote

CindyL

Monkeys
Old 07-23-2010, 10:28 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

My theme is: Second graders don't monkey around. I have monkeys hanging on vines and the student's names are on bananas. I got this set from Carson Dellosa a few years ago. I have made a lot of things from Vista Print and they all have monkeys on them. I have made small magnets and I put the student's names on them and they use these to sign in for lunch count. The students get a free pass each month if they forget homework or a book, but can't be used for not following directions (behavior) and they use this card instead of flipping a card on the behavior chart. I have made mouse pads. Go to Vista Print and search for monkey and you can make all kinds of things.
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote

MsLove2Teach

I like that...
Old 07-23-2010, 11:13 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Second graders don't monkey around. I may have to steal that idea from you if you don't mind :-)

Is it possible for you to send me or tell me some of the things that you have made with Vista Print? I just received a free offer from them but am stuck on what to actually make. Any ideas what be very helpful!!

Thanks to everyone for the ideas. I will have to check out Carson and the Creative Teaching Press!!

MsLove2Teach is offline   Reply With Quote

Harleybabe

monkey theme/ideas
Old 07-23-2010, 09:48 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

You can also use "Curious George" in your theme. "Let's Get Curious" for a bulletin board title. I decorate my door like a very large tree and decorate it with hanging monkeys and bunches of bananas. "Hanging Out in Grade Two" or "No Monkey Business Here!" Also I have used the brown ROLLS of paper towels and twisted them to look like vines and attached them up and down in my ceiling. I've attached cutouts of branches and leaves to these. The children love the classroom looking like a jungle. Another thing we do in second grade is to do a rewrite of the book Curious George. I copy the pictures into a power point and the students rewrite the story by looking at the pictures. They type in the new text being careful not to copy any sentences from the book. We have the children record their pages and then their new version of Curious George is burned on a DVD as a keepsake of 2nd grade. We always include the classroom picture of our class at the end of the DVD. Our computer teacher worked with me on this project and she checked it out and it is legal to use pictures as long as it is not for profit. When our DVD is comleted, we have a Curious George party. With sugar cookie dough, I use my moon cookie cutter to cut banana shaped cookies. I let the students help put yellow icing on the baked cookies. We also have a banana smoothie to drink. I found at Wal-mart several Curious George movies which we watched at our party. There is a site for Curious George with activities and crafts to make. Hope this is helpful.
Harleybabe is offline   Reply With Quote