Help

ARCHIVE

Polar Express

>

MissA1stGrade

Polar Express
Old 11-30-2006, 07:30 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Throughout the month of December I will be doing Polar Express activities. One of the activties involves the students earning mini-marshmallows for good behavior. The students will keep their marshmallows in baggies with their names on them. I want to put the baggies onto one of my bulletin boardss. During our Christmas celebration the students will be able to add their marshmallows to hot chocolate as we watch The Polar Express. I want to turn this into a bulletin board, but I'm fresh out of attractive and creative ideas. Any thoughts?

MissA1stGrade is offline   Reply With Quote

kwh

messy
Old 12-01-2006, 06:10 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Won't gathering marshmallows be a bit messy? We have critter-issues at my school, so I guess I'm always thinking of that What if they earned cotton balls or puffy balls that would represent the mini-marshmallows they'll receive at the party? You could cut out a mug shape for all the students and they could attach the plastic bag for real mallows or some other representation to the mug. You could title it something like "Serving Up Good Behavior"
kwh is offline   Reply With Quote
eee418

eee418

a little late
Old 01-08-2007, 02:38 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I know it's a little late, but maybe for next year....

Last year, we had a door deorating contest that had to have math, reading and technology involved. I did the Polar Express. I took pictures of the kids and made a train with me driving it and the kids waving out the side of the windows (some made it look like they were on a rollercoaster and some made it look like they were trapped with their hands against the windows- quite hysterical!) We put the train going up the door with pictures they drew (vivid mental images) from the story all over the door. It came out really cute.