12 X 12 Sheet Protector Bulletin Board Idea - ProTeacher Community

HuskerMomof3

12 X 12 Sheet Protector Bulletin Board Idea
Old 08-15-2010, 08:06 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I was recently on a website where the teacher had attached 12 X 12 sheet protectors to create a bulletin board that you could display your students work in all year long! I was just wondering if anyone had been on the site and seen the same one or if anyone had one of their own that they could help me. I am trying to make one and cannot remember how to place them so you can get the sheets in and out of all the protectors. The one I saw she had taped them on the back. Any other ideas would be great!!! THANKS!

HuskerMomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote

sweetpotatoz

Old 08-15-2010, 09:47 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

They usually have 3 holes down the side (so that they could be placed in a scrapbook). I would turn the page so that the holes are on the top. You could use push pins in the holes to keep it up. After you placed your picture inside the paper you would need to put a small piece of tape on the bottom portion to keep the paper from falling out. Hope that makes sense!
sweetpotatoz is offline   Reply With Quote

jovic

You might have seen...
Old 08-15-2010, 03:10 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

that on my site: http://mrshuntsfirstgradeclassroom.s...acherresources
The previous poster is right...place the sheets with the holes at the top...that way the sleeves open from the side and you can slide papers in and out very easily. They are taped from the back...the only ones you see the holes on are the top row and you can hang it from them. The other sheets' holes overlap the bottom of the row above it. It is kind of confusing...but you can assemble it on a big table or the floor and work from the back taping it all together. The front will still be open to slide things in and out of. Once you get started...it goes together very easily. Good luck!
jovic is offline   Reply With Quote

danay

Zip Loc Bags
Old 08-15-2010, 03:27 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I was at an inservice where we used gallon size zip loc bags. They are the perfect size for papers to fit in. You then line them up in a 5X5 square on the floor (25 bags) face up - so that they open from the back. Then you use duct tape across the front of them (I used red). It makes an awesome quilt that can be changed quickly with artwork/classwork.
danay is offline   Reply With Quote

AnnTeaches

Similar...
Old 08-15-2010, 05:55 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I do something similar, but a little cheaper. I use regular size sheet protectors on my board, stapling them down the side with the 3-holes. I add one staple in the bottom right corner where the plastic is "stitched" together. Then, I slide the stapler inside the pouch at the top and staple once inside the top right. They hold up really well and the kids love to have the chance to switch out papers to show their best work.

AnnTeaches is offline   Reply With Quote

luvtulearn

rings
Old 08-16-2010, 12:34 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I already have my sheet protectors up for students work with push pins as mentioned above
however I might change them and attach rings so I could add other protectors as needed. I might want to add a research report separately or book reports.
luvtulearn is offline   Reply With Quote