How to hang stuff on whiteboard? - ProTeacher Community

Last Chance to Enter!

njteacherk

How to hang stuff on whiteboard?
Old 08-15-2010, 08:19 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I dont have a bulletin board in my classroom for Morning Meeting/Calendar activities (calendar, weather, etc) so I have to use part of my whiteboard. I'm trying to figure out what the best way to hang it with would be? I would ideally like to hang bulletin board paper first then the calendar stuff on top of that to make it look nicer. I'm thinking sticky tack might work best? I dont want to have magnets holding everything up all over the place so that wouldn't really work. Does anyone have other suggestions?

njteacherk is offline   Reply With Quote

mhugs

you might try
Old 08-15-2010, 08:23 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

the two face removable poster tape by 3/M. Bought a roll at Staples for around $3.00 a few days ago...heavier stuff try the new removable squarees made by the people who have those stickable hooks...got a sample in one of the supply catalogs.
mhugs is offline   Reply With Quote

mrs_c

Old 08-15-2010, 08:24 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

A teacher I know went and bought that hard posterboard stuff that they make election signs with. You know, the corrugated plastic stuff? You can buy whatever color you want, and she mounted it on the wall and put border around it. You can staple right to it! Just an idea if you don't want to take up all of your white board space.
mrs_c is offline   Reply With Quote

njteacherk

Old 08-15-2010, 08:31 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I would love to do something like that but I dont have any wall space in an area that would be appropriate for Morning Meeting either =( I dont mind using the whiteboard though, because I also have a HUGE easel withe a whiteboard attached to the back so I figure I could use that for writing if needed too!

mhiestan

magnets
Old 08-15-2010, 08:46 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I know you said you didn't want to use magnets, but maybe you just meant having magnets on top of the calendar items to hold them up. I use a couple of my white boards as bulletin boards and here is what I do: I cover the boards with bulletin board paper first. I use sticky tack to attach this (or sometimes even just loops of scotch tape). Then I bought a roll of magnet tape, adhesive on one side. I just cut a little piece of magnet and stick it to the back of whatever I want to put up. It doesn't take much magnet, since the things I hang aren't heavy. It makes it so easy to rearrange things and put up and take down different items. Just a thought. I haven't bought the magnet tape in awhile, but I don't think it's too expensive. You can always use a 40% off coupon at Michaels to make it cheaper...

mhiestan is offline   Reply With Quote

linderbug

Old 08-15-2010, 01:42 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I do not have bulletin boards so I use one of my whiteboards for my calendar. I use a combination of magnetic tape like the PP suggested (you can get a huge roll at Michael's) and the clear packing tape. My calendar has paper clips through the days to hold the cards and it was a little heavy for the magnetic tape, but everything else sticks fine.

I like the whiteboard surface to write on, so I just put polka dot border around the outside. I think it's super cute!
linderbug is offline   Reply With Quote

alligooner

Old 08-15-2010, 05:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I use magnetic hooks and magnet tape. I used the 3M command hooks at my previous school, but they aren't sticking at this school.
alligooner is offline   Reply With Quote

njteacherk

Old 08-15-2010, 06:02 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

Thanks for the ideas! I am going to try to stickytack the paper and border down and then use magnets on anything else I can!

NKOTBFan

mrs_c ??
Old 08-15-2010, 06:04 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

Do you know where she bought the corrugated plastic stuff at? Thanks!
NKOTBFan is offline   Reply With Quote