Bee Theme Welcome Board - ProTeacher Community

oprahj

Bee Theme Welcome Board
Old 08-25-2010, 05:47 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I was wondering if anyone with a bee theme has a good idea for my bulletin board right outside my door? I am having trouble thinking of one. Thank you.

oprahj is offline   Reply With Quote

beachteachmi

i have...
Old 08-25-2010, 06:24 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

a BEE theme this year too. Instead of outside my door (since I don't have a bulletin board there) I did one on my door so when its open its facing the hallway. It say's "The Buzz" and it's going to be my info board for the year with class news and notes on it. Also could say "What's the buzz" or "Buzzing into K" Or your name like mine would be "Mrs. K's hive" and have your class names out there. Just a few ideas I had in the last few minutes
beachteachmi is offline   Reply With Quote

CAMPswapalota

BEE BB idea:
Old 08-25-2010, 06:47 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

"Mr(s). ______'(s) Busy Buzzing ___ /(st)/(nd)/(rd)/(th) Graders will BEE (learning so much this year!) (responsible, ...[list your expectations for parents and students to read as the approach your classroom])/(gathering knowledge pollen from (each subject taught this year)/ (reading a variety of flowering books)/ ( [miniature front-cover copies of reading, mathematics, social studies, science, etc. are found in the blooms of flowers along the bottom edge of your BB. Go and buy one large styrofoam egg to be made into a larger teacher bee. Add black pipe cleaner legs and glue a pointer (long toothpick) stick in the grasp of one of the front legs. This teacher bee will be suspended from the hallway ceiling by a length of fishing line. Also buy half the number of your class size of small styrofoam egg shapes to be cut in half lengthwise to hot glue onto the "sky blue" butcher paper back ground.

Buy yellow fabric and cover the bulging side straight-pinning the fabric folds onto and into the styrofoam flat-sided back. [Older grades can decorate their own bee with sharpies or black paint for you, if you can stand to have the welcome board with a blank sky the first day. (The wider end is the face area and the narrower end is the backside of the bee.)]

The flowers can all be made from cut and folded butcher paper, muffin and cupcake paper cups, etc. Simply cut out the flower shape, scrunch then smooth out the textured paper and staple it on before gluing a book over the staple, or cut out a flower shape with really long petals, fold each petal in half lengthwise to form a crease along the length of it and loop it behind the center of the flower to secure. Leave some flower shapes untextured, but cut out two complimenting color petals and staple them or glue them flat onto the blue background sky. [Oh, and remember to tuck the top end of the stem behind the flower where it too will be stapled to secure (pre-fold the long green paper stems in half lengthwise once, twice, or thrice to add demention).]

I hope you can picture this 3D board, as I just imagined it. If you want to save time, you could just bee shape die cut yellow paper in large and small sizes. You choose. If you do choose to use my idea out of everyones, will you please message it to me or at least post it as an attachment? I'd love to see it outside my imagination. Thanks, and good luck!
CAMPswapalota is offline   Reply With Quote

kgardengal

here's mine
Old 08-25-2010, 07:04 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I have a purchased hive with Welcome to Mrs. W's room printed on at my hall doorway. At the interview the child finds a purchased bee with his name on it and sticks it on or beside the hive. THis stayed up all year.

For the bulletin board during the first week last year the kids made bees by adding laminate film wings to an oval and circle they cut out and glued. They colored stripes on, added black strip antennae and wiggly eyes. These were put on the bulletin board with flowers they made as the first art. This year I may try doing a similar idea on a cardboard tube bracelet and then the kids could take it home. In kindergarten you don't want to be overly complicated or it's just no fun for anyone!
kgardengal is offline   Reply With Quote

NicoleB

bee theme
Old 08-25-2010, 07:26 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I also did a bee theme...bull board says...Look who is lucky to BEE in Kindergarten. I put little bees with their names on it and made a paper mache bee hive to hang near it! I will also tie the classroom jobs into the theme and call them my Worker Bees!

NicoleB is offline   Reply With Quote

abcmom

Mine says...
Old 08-25-2010, 09:28 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Kindergarten is the place to BEE!! I have a tree with a beehive and bees all around. I took a picture of each child on the first day and glued each to a bee.

My door has a large hive that says Buzzing with Excitement! Again more bees and on each I have different classes they will go to...music, computer, art, gym, library, etc...
abcmom is offline   Reply With Quote

pekabo

Old 08-26-2010, 06:03 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I have "Welcome to the Hive! A Great place to Bee!"
I also have a hive with bees with their names...they put the bee on the hive with velcro. This is how they check in.. I titled this "Who is in the hive today? I hope this gives you an idea...
pekabo is offline   Reply With Quote