clip chart clothespins - ProTeacher Community

whitnelm

clip chart clothespins
Old 08-28-2010, 04:50 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

What do you think about putting students' numbers on the clothespins instead of students' names?

whitnelm is offline   Reply With Quote

nmlcoley3

I do this
Old 08-28-2010, 04:53 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

because I got tired of changing the clips every year. It works great, but the first week of school is a little difficult because I don't know everyone's numbers. I just keep a list by the chart until I learn them all.
nmlcoley3 is offline   Reply With Quote

loggerteacher

clothespin
Old 08-28-2010, 04:54 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I don't have a clip chart this year, but I did put student numbers on clothespins for lunch choice. I teach 3rd and the kids had no trouble remembering their number even on the 2nd day of school! I do line them up in number order and they have to write it on every paper, but I think it is something they can easily remember. I also use their student numbers on their mail boxes and cubbies.

I think your idea will work well.
loggerteacher is offline   Reply With Quote

Mrs. Hos

Numbers
Old 08-28-2010, 05:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I put numbers on everything pretty much so I don't have to change it. Plus that way anyone who just walks into our class doesn't know who has had to move their clip down. They would only see the number.
Mrs. Hos is offline   Reply With Quote

Luvtink

Old 08-28-2010, 06:04 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I would do this too! I made a clip chart but decided to use charts that are bears in the same way to save space. However if this does not work, I will have to make room for the clip chart and switch it. I would do the numbers though, if I do end up switching!

Luvtink is offline   Reply With Quote

WhooGirl

Old 08-28-2010, 06:06 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I put names last year, but switched to numbers this year.
WhooGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

HBteach

Old 08-28-2010, 06:19 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Guess I'm too by the book. I have the kids write their names on the clothespins. I suppose it wouldn't matter except that I couldn't remember the child's name/number. I just like to look at the ClipChart and see who is on what color. Can't do that with numbers (that's me anyway).
HBteach is offline   Reply With Quote

whitnelm

Thanks
Old 08-28-2010, 07:41 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

Looks like I will be using numbers. So, for those of you who use numbers too. Do you place the clothespins so that boys are one side and girls on the other? Do you put the clothespins in numerical order? I know it doesn't matter, but I am curious to what others do!
whitnelm is offline   Reply With Quote

2ndgracorn

good idea
Old 08-28-2010, 07:55 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

Last year I used names, but I think I'll use numbers this year. Last year the students put their clips up separates into boys and girls even though I hadn't asked them too. They got very upset at the one or two students who didn't care and put the clips on the "wrong" side. I probably wouldn't put them up numerically but there's always one student who offers to arrange them for me alphabetically or numerically.
2ndgracorn is offline   Reply With Quote

babaloo625

clothespins
Old 09-03-2010, 09:20 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

I always put the student numbers instead of names on the clothespins. My students (2nd grade) are assigned a number on the first day of school. They usually have no problem remembering it within the first few days. I also write their number next to their name on the name plate that is taped to their desk. Therefore, they can always refer back to that if they need help remembering. They use these numbers for many other routines around the classroom as well. I have found that for behavior plans, many parents and even administrators like it better when the students' names are NOT written. They don't like the fact that others can walk into your classroom and see that "Johnny" had a bad day and had to move his clip. At Open House, when I tell parents that I use numbers instead, they seem to be a lot more at ease about it.

It is also is a lot easier from year to year, not having to change them!
babaloo625 is offline   Reply With Quote