Lesson Plans for Special Ed. Study Skills 8th grade - ProTeacher Community

Last Chance to Enter!

TTIcrazy

Lesson Plans for Special Ed. Study Skills 8th grade
Old 08-29-2010, 06:55 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Help! I'm a new Special Education Teacher. This year, I have a teaching position teaching 8th grade Resource/Study Skills. I have not had much assitance with anyone telling me exactly what I should be doing in this class. I have only three students in each class, and have six class periods, with one planning period. I am supposed to help students in any and all subjects in which they need help. How do I write lesson plans for this class? What would my objectives be on a daily basis. Should I set aside different days for different subjects? Tomorrow morning I have to hand in my lesson plans, and am clueless as to how to write the plans. Yes, I know how to write lesson plans, but I'm clueless as to how I would write these particular ones. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!.

P.S. I am supposed to be testing the students on a computer program called "Ed Performance." I have plenty of computers in my class, but none are presently working! I had to turn in a work order, but so far, no response. With this being the beginning of school, how do I start the year off? I'm so frustrated. But, I love my students! I have only been in the classroom with them for one week, but I can tell they are so eager to learn. I am just in a school where no one seems to know what my class should be exactly about. I have to have a plan each day! I'll go crazy if I don't.

TTIcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote

KC14

Sample of mine
Old 09-01-2010, 05:31 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

This is what mine looked like - sort of (the format didn't copy correctly). I purposely kept it vague since additional help for other courses became more important if they did not finish their work, need extra help on a paper or had a test or quiz coming up. Other course work took a good amount of our time. I fit in Study Skills lessons whenever I could.

WEEK OF: January 18, 2010
PERIOD: 2, Study Skills Resource Room
Focus: MM Computers, BD Science, MB/DV Language Arts

TUE SWBAT: Keep an accurate record of assignments; Review academic course content. Improve math and reading skills through technology.

LESSON SUMMARY:
1. Check agenda
2. Complete review for reading, language arts, math, science or social studies if necessary
3. Introduce the Dewey Decimal System
3. Discuss importance of classifying books

ESSENTIAL QUESTIONS: How can increased library skills improve how I access, evaluate and use information? How does library literacy help me to become a lifelong learner?

ASSESS: Teacher Observation, Oral/written response, Completion of homework/classwork

ASSIGN: none
KC14 is offline   Reply With Quote

j27grif

study skills
Old 11-26-2011, 10:26 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I have a mixture of 7th and 8th grade study skills. It has been a challenge since there is no curriculum to address what you should or shouldn't be teaching. I have taught organizational skills, the kids bring their planners each week for me to check that they are logging in assignments. We work on using the computer to find information. I have used the time to teach social skills.....ie, disagreeing with an adult. Making good choices, dealing with peer pressure. This past week, we finished working on a unit for a career that they were interested in. Each child made a poster and researched their career to give information about it. I agree....very difficult.
j27grif is offline   Reply With Quote