09-09-2010, 05:18 PM
I love using this activity to introduce and practice with recognizing nouns.
1. Introduce nouns as a person place or thing.
2. Give each student a textbook of stories. SW (students will ) look through the book and look for people places and things.
3. You will add them to a chart with three sections and write what they find.
4. For a review the next day, teacher will label objects around the room for things, closets or classroom for places, and students and yourself as people. (They love looking for people) SW go on a search for nouns in the room. Once they find the noun they will come and add it to the chart from the previous day.
5. An addition to the noun hunt. They can take a piece of paper and fold it into four parts.
SW draw a noun in each part and write a sentence with that noun.
YOu will have speaking, reading, and writing to meet any ESL students in the class.
This can span over three days. These lessons are short in length, usually 15 to 20 minutes each.