Outdoor games - ProTeacher Community

Smiles23

Outdoor games
Old 09-11-2010, 03:08 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Does anyone know some good fun outdoor games that I could play with a very small group of preschoolers, kindergarteners, and first graders. I usually have about 3-5 kids and I am looking for games that I can play with them when we go outside or even some games that I could play with them inside in the classroom would be good too.

Smiles23 is offline   Reply With Quote

kylie

kylie

Games for preschoolers
Old 09-19-2010, 02:34 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Red light green light might be a good one, Simon says, I spy, duck duck goose, some kind of tag game, musical chairs, these are just some off the top of my head i hope they helped!!
kylie

kylie

games
Old 09-19-2010, 02:38 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

maybe even a scavenger hunt, some kind of easy relay race, easy obstacle course, well if i think of anything else i will let you know!!
Monkeyboy1

Monkeyboy1

fun game
Old 12-15-2010, 08:16 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

When I taught p.e., a really fun activity we played with the lower grades was called "Clean Your Room". Ask your staff to donate used clean socks (the more the better). Tie a knot into each individual sock. Divide the students into two teams on a volleyball or basketball court. Spread the socks all over each side of the court. Tell the kids that their side of the court is their "room" and when the whistle blows, their job is to clean their room. The only place to throw their dirty socks is into the other kid's room. Give them a few minutes, blow the whistle, and have each side pile and count the socks on their side. The team with the fewest socks in their room wins a point. Play can continue for several rounds.

As long as the knots are not too tight, the socks can't be thrown very hard. So, no one gets hurt. Because of this, you can also safely play dodge ball with the socks.

tatalufo

games I play with 1/2 grade
Old 12-20-2010, 05:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Man from Mars is a tag game. Designate a "playing area" have one or two students start out being the "Man from Mars" (in the center of the playing area) the rest of the students are on an end line (I designate a square or rectangle). Then students on end line yell, "Man from Mars, Man from Mars, may we chase you to the stars?" The "Man from Mars" yells, "only if you are wearing stripes (or red, blue, skirts, glasses etc)" and then the chase is on! I usually let the students who tag the man from mars join in being the man from mars and then when that gets to be too many, I let them switch spots.

I've also played "Big A Little A".........basically played the same way only the students (who would be the man from mars) are yelling "Big A (as they stretch nice and tall with arms extended over head) Little A (as they crouch down to the ground in a ball) Bouncing B (they jump up and down in place) then students on the end line yell "the cat's in the cupboard" and the "man from mars" students yell "But, you can't catch me!" and the chase is on.

Hope this helps.

tatalufo is offline   Reply With Quote

MMadness

Old 03-17-2011, 08:06 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

That is such a fun game! I played that with Kindergarten when I taught elementary. One piece of advice, make sure they understand when to stop. I made it a little competitive. The side of the room that has the most stuff has to do 15 jumping jacks or something like that. Again, that is such a fun game!
MMadness is offline   Reply With Quote