Jobulator pressure... anyone else feeling it now? - ProTeacher Community

nicpen

Jobulator pressure... anyone else feeling it now?
Old 09-24-2010, 02:04 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

With all of this junk going on with Aesop and its user agreement, locking people out, and the ridiculous captchas which make it even more and more difficult to find and accept jobs, is anyone else feeling like we've been backed into a corner regarding Jobulator?

I did the free trial last year. I saw very few jobs come up on Jobulator. I felt it made me an even bigger slave to my computer than before. I also did not accept a single job that month due to having it. I didn't renew because I had a long-term job from March 1st through the of the school year, and it was a waste of money when I knew I wouldn't be searching for jobs til this school year began.

Now, I'm thinking the only thing I can do (much to my utter chagrin, because the whole Aesop system absolutely infuriates me!) is to go ahead and renew Jobulator. I don't like feeling this way at all, but the more comments I read here, the more hopeless I feel.

Is anyone else who currently doesn't use Jobulator considering it?

Last edited by nicpen; 09-24-2010 at 03:00 PM.. Reason: had to fix sentence ;-)
nicpen is offline   Reply With Quote

watwacer

Old 09-24-2010, 03:16 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Well to sort of support your position. I bought into Jobulator because i was concerned that if I did not buy in AESOP would not show me as many jobs. We have already seen they are not a company that has a proper sense of morality. I don't actually use it because refreshing once a minute is a joke in my district. Jobs come and go with in 15sec...
watwacer is offline   Reply With Quote

nicpen

Old 09-24-2010, 03:55 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Very true... the 1-minute refresh is a joke. I'm sure if we look up "morality" in the dictionary, an Aesop icon will be pictured.

Sublime

contacting aesop
Old 09-24-2010, 07:25 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I've actually emailed aesop with some concerns mentioned on this board (mainly about refreshing), because I can't find a phone number for them. My district said I had to email them if I had any questions.

Not surprisingly, no one has responded to my request for information.

If anyone has had success contacting aesop, please post!
Sublime is offline   Reply With Quote

watwacer

Old 09-25-2010, 05:27 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

You can't really contact them, they don't care about you because you are not their customer, the school district is... So your district needs to contact them on your behalf. If you truly want to contact them on your own, in another thread is their contact info (address and phone number).

Their direct number is 610-722-9745

watwacer is offline   Reply With Quote

yoohoo

Old 09-25-2010, 09:57 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

when Jobulator first came on I was skeptical to join. AM I SOOO GLAD I NEVER BIT THE APPLE!!!! PHEW!!!!

they made it sound like if you didn't try or buy Jobulator you were behind the times now I'm reading about all of these problems and feel relived actually. Also, I didn't see (for me) the amount of money they wanted for it to be actually worth my time.

You see I have Refresher which is a FREE downloadable program and have not regretted using it...of course, when a job does pop up and I'm not at the computer and I don't get it OH WELL... ce la vie (don't know how to get the accent marks)
yoohoo is offline   Reply With Quote

nicpen

@ yoohoo
Old 09-25-2010, 12:02 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I totally understand and agree with your points. I have the auto-refresh, too, which has worked great. I'm just afraid that it will bite me in the rear, now, when I try to accept a job if I've "excessively" refreshed.

I often will set it up with teachers as well. They'll call me as they're putting in an absence, I'll keep clicking until the job pops up and then I'll grab it. I'm wondering if that clicking will be interpreted as some type of "bot" searching for jobs. I suppose time will tell.

I'm not jumping on the Jobulator bandwagon just yet (I despise the thought of giving them one red cent), but if it comes down to not getting jobs because I don't have it, I may bite the bullet and pay the fee. I'm still on the fence.

It will be interesting to see what happens in the next week or so - I have a feeling a number of people who are legitimately searching by constant clicking or refreshing will get locked out if that is what is happening.

Plus, we only know about the subs who post here, which is just a tiny percentage of all of the subs who are subjected to this system.

artemisjim

Mozilla Alternative
Old 09-26-2010, 10:12 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I used Check4Change. It's faster, less annoying, free, and transportable. However, the biggest feature is that I don't have to send a dime to Frontline.
artemisjim is offline   Reply With Quote

YILuv2Teach

Old 09-26-2010, 09:34 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

I have an add-on that checks for changes too. It does it more often than Jobulator checks, so hopefully that helps me. I really have no interest in paying for Jobulator. Although, I am interested in knowing if people with Jobulator really don't have to enter a captcha. I just had a job come up and it really confused me because I first had to choose what kind of captcha I wanted AND then enter the captcha! They sure are making things difficult!
YILuv2Teach is offline   Reply With Quote

theichibun

Old 09-27-2010, 03:06 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

I don't use Jobulator and don't have to enter a Captcha.
theichibun is offline   Reply With Quote

nicpen

I'm dying to see a job come up...
Old 09-27-2010, 02:40 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

I'd like to know what I'm up against with the captcha business. Last time, I didn't have one, after a number of times entering the two-character code.

nicpen

Finally saw a job...
Old 09-29-2010, 04:41 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

and I have the two nonsense captchas... at least you can change it until you get a clear one. The audio captcha is ridiculous... so much noise in the background it's hard to hear what's being said.

Now I'm almost tempted to get Jobulator just to see if the captcha changes or goes away. (It's not worth shelling out $40 right now, though! )

My goodness, what a joke!
RonH

RonH

Sub. In Texas
Old 10-01-2010, 12:54 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #13

I have been using Jobulator since the test phase, and find it quite useful. It is NOT a replacement for AESOP, and you should keep that open, and logged in. What Jobulator does is allow you to walk away from your computer during the 'job search' phase of your morning, or even catch a bit more sleep, knowing that Jobulator will alert you to any jobs that come up. Is it perfect, nope. It has a 1 minute minimum time interval when it checks AESOP for a job, so the job may have been in the system for 1 minute before you see it on Jobulator. I keep three computers working on it so that I can get the alerts more quickly. My wife usually takes the jobs using AESOP directly to avoid the delay, should a suitable job come up. Getting ONE job that you would have missed in the year pays for the service for a year, with enough left for a nice dinner out. Definitely a good ROI.
Michigan Sub

Michigan Sub

Jobulator, AESOP, and PESG
Old 12-07-2010, 06:53 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #14

The problem isn't just the inequity of those who succumb to using Jobulator vs. those who don't, there are more issues than that! Districts sign contracts for AESOP, but still call subs directly, assign them to jobs, and teachers have preferred lists. So by the time a job is open for everyone in the district in AESOP and Jobulator, it is in effect a "leftover" job. Districts only rely on AESOP to fill the jobs they didn't feel by cherry-picking subs or teachers inputing their "preferred" subs. Furthermore, I heard from someone in a district where I sub, that their district used to pay $115/day for subs prior to signing up with AESOP, and now the subs receive only $85!!! The difference is now going to PESG as the company who outsources. And most of the subs in my districts are even current certified teachers.

Wake up people! Subs need to unionize, just like they have in a few other states.
CARCLARE

CARCLARE

Problems with JOBULATOR
Old 01-07-2011, 06:06 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #15

I have been a Jobulator member since they went online. Each year there are more glitches in the program. This year Jobulator has gone up again; the first year free, second $29.99 and this year $39.99. More cost does not mean improvement and after paying my fees in October I still cannot use it. I keep getting a security alert from my gateway 2-wire which freezes Jobulator. It will only come restart if I turn my computer off and on again. This only lasts a short while and then the alert appears again. I contacted Jobulator who says it is not their programming and AT&T my server wants to charge me $49.99 to fix it. This is a real dilemma that keeps going round and round. I will probably ask for a refund just to get rid of the anguish of trying to make it work. I really appreciate the advice on Refresher and Check 4 Check. I never heard about either of these but will certainly give them a try.

nicpen

New "improved" jobulator
Old 01-12-2011, 12:54 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #16

I'm guessing everyone who isn't currently using it got the e-mail a couple of days ago with the message, "Try Jobulator Again - Free!"

I may just try it again, but I'll wait until next week. Then I can "try" it out again for 30 days and by the time it's over, my long-term will be about to begin. I wonder how many subs in my district are using it, now. Only time will tell!
who do u beat

who do u beat

AT&T and stupid pop-ups
Old 01-18-2011, 09:03 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #17

I love what you had to say. I am non-stop on aesop and jobulator, and I constantly have to re-boot because of the error messages. Jobulator says it is AT&T, but I have never had a prob with any other program. Did you ever figure how to fix the stupid access messages that constantly pop up?
Kyd1

Kyd1

Old 10-18-2012, 02:05 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #18

I tried Jobulator last year and found it to be an annoyance more than anything else. I've contemplated using it on my phone this year, but was put off when I could not find a phone number to call so that I could ask Jobulator a question. I want to know if Jobulator discounts their fee for teachers. Why should I pay for an entire year when the school year is a 10 month year? No way (that I know of) to contact Jobulator!

Nietzsche

Jobulator
Old 10-19-2012, 02:22 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #19

It is a $39 annual fee.
Nietzsche is offline   Reply With Quote