Help

ARCHIVE

What else can happen to this student?

>

Miller

What else can happen to this student?
Old 12-21-2006, 12:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Last year she stayed in TN for Katrina and they came back in Nov. In Dec. they found out her aunt has cancer. In Feb., her aunt passed away. Now, just this morning, her house burned down and her 17 year old brother died inside. Her dad was injured trying to get him out.

What else can happen?

Miller is offline   Reply With Quote

mellen

OMGosh!
Old 12-21-2006, 08:58 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

How horribly sad! Most adults would have difficulty handling so much loss, I can't imagine how this child feels. You and she will both be in my thoughts and prayers this season. I'm so sorry.
mellen is offline   Reply With Quote

Indiana Teacher

What an unbelievably sad story! How is this
Old 12-21-2006, 09:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

poor child holding up? I can't imagine going through one or two of those things, let alone all of that. I will keep this little girl in my prayers. Just be there for her, and let her know that she can come and talk to you about it if she needs to.
Indiana Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

1gr81ntheus

Was This The Story On The News This Morning?
Old 12-22-2006, 01:04 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I heard a story like this on Channel 6 News yesterday morning. The teenager was rescued but couldn't be revived. The fact that all that stuff has happened to the child is just compounded by the fact that it's also the holiday season which makes it worse. That's a horrible fate to have to handle as a kid. I sure hate it for the family. They'll be in my prayers.
1gr81ntheus is offline   Reply With Quote

Miller

Old 12-22-2006, 03:53 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

1gr81ntheus- This was on the news Thursday am.

I visited the parents and the little girl today. Our school got some money together and we got them a Wal-Mart gift card. The little girl was worried that her book bag was in the house and she doesn't have uniforms. Poor thing! What these kids worry about sometimes.

Miller is offline   Reply With Quote

suem

This child
Old 12-26-2006, 07:19 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

will need to have opportunities to talk with the social worker. Our school has a counselor and social worker. You can usually tell when the child really needs to go because they act out or they start going inside themselves. I usually tell the soc. worker, the child has been acting up and she comes to get the child and they do somethings in her office. I am always curious, but on the other hand, I understand the trust the worker is trying to gain with my students. Sometimes the soc worker will take a couple of kids at a time to play computer games before she takes the child in need alone so the others won't realize there is a big problem. I hope everyone is aware of this students experiences and can help the child cope.
suem is offline   Reply With Quote