Help

ARCHIVE

Probability lesson

>

2ndGTchr

Probability lesson
Old 12-28-2006, 08:44 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hi, I have been looking on the internet for a great and engaging lesson over probability for second graders. I found a lesson to where you read a part of Charlie and the chocolate factory leading up to the "golden ticket". Students then go back to their desk and they have a bag of silver and gold kisses and they do drawings and tally each color that they draw out. (It's supposed to make them feel like they are looking for the golden ticket)

I think the idea is cute but I have seen it before and I wanted to know if anyone had an idea different than this...based on a theme. Any small ideas will be appreciated!!!! Thanks!

2ndGTchr is offline   Reply With Quote

RRay

RRay

Stuart Murphy
Old 12-28-2006, 09:08 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I like the Stuart Murphy book, Probably Pistachio...it is cute, and the children like it. I read it, stop and discuss a section, then go on.

ee

probability lessons online
Old 12-29-2006, 05:18 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Have you tried this site?
http://www.mathwire.com/games/datagames.html
There are many activities for probability and data analysis here. I am a math coach in my district and this site is one of my favorites because it has so many activities that are fun and very effective in teaching mathematical concepts.
ee is offline   Reply With Quote