Magic Tree House Book Club - ProTeacher Community

firstfun1

Magic Tree House Book Club
Old 01-06-2011, 03:35 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Has anyone used any of the Magic Tree House books or something similar to do a lit circle or book club? I am going to begin this in a few weeks and I would like our book club to culminate in a final project but am not sure exactly what direction to take it in. Any similar ideas or suggestions with a book/lit circle would be great!

firstfun1 is offline   Reply With Quote

BEACHERS

Magic Treehouse Night on the Titanic
Old 01-10-2011, 10:11 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I used the Night on the Titanic for a lit group with my 3rd class. The students LOVED it!!! Before we read the book I had given them each a random name from real Titanic passangers. I made realistic boarding passes. I have been to the Titanic Exhibit 4 times. Each time, I recieved a replica boarding pass of a real passanger. I used this to create mine. As we read the book, students also kept a journal as seen through the eyes of their person. When the students got to the part in the story when the Titanic begins to sink, I had them pull out their journal and write about their last night on the Titanic, once again through the eyes of their person. I never told them whether or not their person survived or perished. They had to decide that for themselves. When we finished the book, I had them look on the Titanic Exhibit website to see if their person survived or not. The students really got into the journals and played the part well. There is so much you can tie into this book. If you go to the Magic Treehouse website there are many ideas to go with each book. Good luck! Have fun. We surely did.
BEACHERS is offline   Reply With Quote