Old 05-16-2011, 03:15 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

None yet, but I thought I'd start a thread

Last edited by CatLove; 05-16-2011 at 03:15 PM.. Reason: typo
CatLove is online now   Reply With Quote

MikeySue

Old 05-17-2011, 05:16 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Great idea, these threads were a lifesaver for first term reports. I'm going to start writing mine on Monday (yes the holiday).
MikeySue is offline   Reply With Quote

CatLove

Soil
Old 05-21-2011, 03:04 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Soil
*I'm saving the NS for when I do the plants comment.

A - *N* has been learning that soil is not just dirt but rather soil is an essential source of life and nutrients for many living things. *4* showed a thorough understanding of different types of soil and of the mutual relationship between the living and non-living things that make up soil. *N* was an attentive participant in our Scientist in Schools workshop, participating in demonstration of soil erosion.

B - *N* has been learning that soil is not just dirt but rather soil is an essential source of life and nutrients for many living things. *4* showed a good understanding of different types of soil and of the mutual relationship between living and non-living things that make up soil. *N* was an attentive participant in our Scientist in Schools workshop, handling and learning about part of a worm.

C - *N* has been learning that soil is not just dirt but rather soil is an essential source of life and nutrients for many living things. *4* showed an understanding of different types of soil and of the mutual relationship between living and non-living things that make up soil. *N* was a participant in our Scientist in Schools workshop making a collage of the different layers of soil.
CatLove is online now   Reply With Quote

MikeySue

Old 06-02-2011, 12:37 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Not as much love as last term so far. Hopefully some posts will start rolling in.
MikeySue is offline   Reply With Quote

Sheri/Ont

so far this is what I have....
Old 06-05-2011, 07:37 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

they still need some work

Level 3
  • In Health, ~name demonstrated a good understanding of the importance of good oral health to overall health. He assessed the effect of different food choices on oral health by making recommendations to a fictional child who was not making good food choices. ~name also used grocery store flyers and magazines to sort unhealthy and healthy food choices. ~name is encouraged to use what he has learned this term and include dairy products in his meals in order to promote strong teeth and bones.

Level 3 Mult/Div
  • ~name has a good understanding of how to relate multiplication of one-digit numbers and division by one-digit divisors to real life situations by using a variety of strategies such as arrays, "cookie math" and number sentences. He confidently determined ways to arrange a number of desks when presented with a classroom desk arrangement challenge. This summer continue to reinforce mental multipication and division accuracy using flash cards.
geometry level 3
  • ~name is generally accurate when describing, comparing, sorting and naming 2D figures and 3D solids. He used a venn diagram to compare and sort 2D figures and 3D solids by their geometric properties such as the number of vertices and the number of edges. When sorting 2D figures, remember to consistently include appropriate math language such as number of vertices, edges and types of angles.

Level 3 patterns
  • With considerable accuracy, ~name can extend repeating, growing and shrinking number patterns. In our 3 part math lessons, he learned how to effectively use a table to help him organize and solve a pattern in a problem.
  • next step needed

level 3 probability
  • ~name predicted and investigated the frequency of a specific outcome in a simple probability experiment that used coins, dice and spinners. He demonstrated a general understanding by frequently using appropriate math language (likely, unlikely) and fractions (3 out of 12) to describe probability.
  • next step needed

science level 3
  • During our unit on the "Growth and Changes in Plants" ~name observed and compared the similarities and differences of two plants as well as the growth and changes of a seed he planted, using a variety of forms (e.g. venn diagram). His observations consistently included illustrated entries with labels that included appropriate science vocabulary (e.g. stem, leaves, pistil, stamen). ~name demonstrated considerable understanding of the parts of a plant and how each part contributes to the plant's survival. Continue to observe and record the growth and changes in your plant as it grows this summer.

level 3 SS
  • This term, our class used a wiki to collaborate with another grade 3 class from St.Jacobs, Ontario. Through the use of this class wiki, ~name was able to ask questions to gain information about a rural community and then identified and compared it's features to Windsor. With considerable accuracy, ~name created his own map of St.Jacobs using the co-constructed success criteria that included mapping skills (legend, symbols) and appropriate details that we collected about St.Jacobs (Farmer's market, Maple Sugar Bush, etc.) ~name is encouraged to use a map this summer when planning their family vacation.

writing level3
  • ~name demonstrated considerable knowledge and understanding of a variety of text forms (e.g. friendly letter, adventure story, procedure writing and haiku poetry) taught this term. During writer’s workshop, he routinely used the success criteria for his writing as well as a peer editing checklist for conventions (e.g. grammar, spelling, punctuation) to ensure that he was completing the assignment to the best of his ability.
  • next step needed

Collaboration level 3
  • ~name generally shares information and enthusiastically participates in all partner and group activities in the classroom. When solving math problems during our "Bansho" math lessons, ~name usually responded positively to the ideas and opinions of his math buddy. Continue to work towards being a consistent listener when collaborating with your peers.

indep level 3
  • ~name is often attentive and generally follows instructions with minimal supervision. This is evident on a daily basis when his work is handed in or shared with the group.
  • next step needed
initiative level 3
  • ~name is an eager learner who demonstrates a genuine interest in learning and aims to do his best. When ~name is finished his learning task, he usually knows what to do next without interrupting the learning of his classmates. ~name frequently follows the class whiteboard, step by step, without teacher supervision.
  • next step needed
organization level 2
  • ~name continues to be challenged by the organization of his personal and classroom materials. Assignments are rarely placed in the notebooks they are for and important notes home are not placed in the pouch of his agenda. As a result, his desk is consistently untidy and only cleaned with teacher prompts. For future academic success, ~name must learn to take more responsibility for their things and place materials where they belong.
responsibility level 3
  • ~name frequently demonstrated responsibility by completing and submitting class work, homework and assignments. His poem of the week, EQAO practice folder and math duotang were often returned to school on the dates they were due.
  • next step needed
self reg level 3

With the use of learning goals, success criteria, teacher feedback and self assessments, ~name has been able to assess and reflect on his own strengths and areas for improvement. When assessing his EQAO responses, ~name independently used the success criteria we developed as well as exemplars to effectively identify areas of need and 'bump up' his work. He is encouraged to continue to use success criteria to stay on track when completing assignments and 'bump up' his work when necessary.

Sheri/Ont is offline   Reply With Quote

PJPll

Help with day schedule
Old 10-27-2013, 05:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Hi I am brand new to this board and don' t use boards much at all so I apologize for my mistakes. I wanted to send this privately but am not a junior member yet. Anyway, it is easy to tell you know what you are doing in this grade and I was wondering if you could help me out. I am senior math trained and only taught k for ten years , weird I know. I am in over my head. I cannot grasp ow to use my time as there seems to be so much to do a day. Could you outline in some detail what atypical day would be like. Could you also tell me ow much reading and writing the skids do a day. One last request is what math text do you use? The one we have is not good but since all the texts have been bought we continue to use it. I like the look of the Hands On program but will have to purchase it myself and after spending hundreds already I hesitate to spend $239 and take a chance . I am so appreciative to all your help on report cards. As I said it seems as if you have a great program running. I am having problems getting my kids to finish their work, even staying in at recess. We are in a high needs school, with lots of social issues. I really want to help my kids and keep changing as I find out things but I do not feel at all good at what I am doing. Thanks again
PJPll is offline   Reply With Quote