Grade 2 Report Card Comments - ProTeacher Community

MikeySue

Grade 2 Report Card Comments
Old 05-28-2011, 01:37 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I figure I'd get the ball rolling by doing Health first. Here is my overall comment, you can put the qualifiers in where need be and personalize the next step to each individual child a little better then at the end of the comment....

Health

N has a **** understanding of how to make healthy food choices for meals and snacks. He/ She was **** able to create a one day meal plan that included a wide range of healthy foods for every meal and snacks. N is encouraged to continue to make healthy food choices at school and at home.

I'm open to criticism.

MikeySue is offline   Reply With Quote

MikeySue

Physical Education
Old 05-29-2011, 02:28 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Physical Education

N is an active participant in cooperative games and individual and small group activities. Through his/ her contributions to class discussions in physical education class, N demonstrates a ***** understanding of the importance of being physically active. He/ She is encouraged to

Next Steps (building block for more personalized comment

-is encouraged to show an enthusiastic approach in all aspects of Physical Education.
-continue to work confidently and show an enthusiastic approach in all aspects of Physical Education.

dancerella

Art comments?
Old 06-02-2011, 05:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Looking for an art comment that deals with cultural art and critiques.
If one doesn't get posted, then I will post mine when I get it figured out.
dancerella is offline   Reply With Quote

jkd1

reading comment
Old 06-05-2011, 07:36 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

here's my level B gr.2 reading comment:

Reading: N enjoys reading chapter books, specifically titles from the Magic Treehouse series. H/S automatically reads and understands most high-frequency words, words with common spelling patterns and words with personal significance in a variety of reading contexts. H/S reads quickly and fluently with phrasing over longer texts. N reads silently most of the time with understanding and uses multiple word solving strategies, with longer words. H/S needs some reminders to focus on meaning reading and is encouraged to go back and read again in order to maintain understanding of the story. H/S demonstrates very good comprehension strategies, remembering details from one selection of the book to another. N is working hard to go beyond the text to make more sophisticated interpretations (e.g. finding the main idea).
jkd1 is offline   Reply With Quote

MikeySue

Old 06-05-2011, 01:30 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Thanks for the comment, here is my B acroos the board language comment.
I'd love to see some sample learning skills and math comments,

N regularly uses reading strategies such as looking at the pictures, sounding out words, and figuring out what would make sense in the text to help him comprehend what he reads. When reading, N is sufficiently able to recognize the speaker and the point of view presented in a text. A way to help N during his home reading is to continue to encourage him to think about what he is reading and what strategies he uses to make sense of the text. N is able to establish a somewhat clear personal voice in his writing. He demonstrated a partial ability of writing from different points of view during our classroom writing focus this term. N is encouraged to write daily with a focus on developing his thoughts and ideas. N listens and responds appropriately during class discussions and small group activities. He is encouraged to continue to share his thoughts and opinions openly with his classmates. N has a good understanding of different types of media such as videos, commercials and magazines. He accurately created an advertisement for our classes healthy food campaign. At home, N is encouraged to discuss different forms of media and the messages they carry.

nperk

nperk

grade 2 math comments
Old 06-08-2011, 03:51 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

we have just started with some basic comments - each strand plus NS must be reported so not much space.

Geometry: ~name can identify and sort most two- and three-dimensional shapes based on geometric properties.

Measurement: ~name estimates, measures, and records mass, capacity, and temperature. He reads analog clocks to the quarter hour and understands the relationship to digital clocks.

Numeracy: Through investigation, ~name compared and regrouped fractional parts. He uses variety of problem solving strategies to explore multiplication and division.

Algebra and Patterning: ~name identifies, describes, extends, and creates repeating patterns that have two changing attributes. He recognizes and identifies repeating patterns in his environment.

Probability: ~name uses math language to describe the probability that an event will occur by playing simple games and doing probability experiments using dice, spinners, and coins.

dancerella

Here some for Reading
Old 06-14-2011, 04:15 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Reading:
Level 3 -
1. Name appropriately applies several reading comprehension strategies to understand the text.

2. He/She effectively states and implies information and ideas in order to make inferences and predictions about texts.

3. During reading responses and group discussions, Name independently expresses personal thoughts and feelings about what has been read.

4. He/She identifies most text features and explains how they help in understanding texts (e.g. table of contents, glossary, pictures).

Level 4 -
1. thoroughly
2. critically
3. creatively
4. readily identifies most

Level 2 -
1. appropriately applies some reading...
2.3. ...Name expresses personal thoughts and feelings about what has been read with some effectiveness
4. some

Level 1 -
1. appropriately applies few reading...
2. With direct assistance, he/she states...
3. ......Name expresses personal thoughts and feelings about what has been read with limited effectiveness
4. With prompting, he/she identifies few text features

dancerella

Here are some for writing
Old 06-14-2011, 04:16 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

Writing:
Level 3 -
1. Name independently identifies his/her point of view in a persuasive piece of writing

2. He/She effectively uses supportive details in both his/her explanation and persuasive writing.

3. Name appropriately uses a variety of sentence types.

4. He/She frequently spells many unfamiliar words using a variety of strategies.

Level 4 -
1. clearly
2. ...effectively uses strong supportive details...
3. creatively
4. consistently

Level 2 -
1. With support, name identifies...
2. With some effectiveness, he/she uses...
3. Name, is learning to use a variety
4. He/she sometimes spells...

Level 1 -
1. Name identifies.....writing with limited ability.
2. He/she is learning to use supportive...
3. Name, is not yet able to...
4. With teacher assistance, he/she spells unfamiliar words.

cubt

math comments
Old 06-14-2011, 06:52 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

little late to the game but maybe this will help someone. I appreciate all the sharing that is happening!
$ usually demonstrates a solid understanding of double-digit addition and subtraction, with and without regrouping, especially when using manipulatives. At home, # could use the newspaper flyers to simulate purchases and figure out the change from $2.00. # competently reads and writes time to the quarter hour on digital clocks. He would benefit from continued practice reading analogue clocks. Through investigation, $ identifies growing and shrinking patterns made from repeated addition or subtraction of numbers using number lines and t-charts. When playing simple games of chance # is able to make appropriate predictions about the potential outcome using mathematical language like impossible, unlikely and certain. When solving problems, like those involving elapsed time, # uses appropriate strategies, such as drawing a labelled diagram or using a chart. # is becoming more comfortable with identifying what the problem is asking and eliminating information that is not needed to solve the problem. Through sharing of solutions, following our partner problem solving activities # has discovered that a range of strategies can be used to solve any one problem. When solving problems # is encouraged to continue to use math language to describe and explain how # solved the problem.
cubt is offline   Reply With Quote

literacydiva

omg... how this ever did help
Old 03-25-2012, 08:44 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

I am so sick with pneumonia up to my eyeballs with report cards and ieps and needed just the math for the grade 2 half of my class. If you were here I would shake your hand - or buy you a Tim Hortons coffee... thank you - and my 3 babies who are wanting a well mommy back thank you too. It gave me the strength... to use your comment and then tailor it to my needs. again. God Bless your soul.
literacydiva is offline   Reply With Quote