Best Place to get Schlitterbahn Tickets---Cheap! - ProTeacher Community

TeachtoScrap

Best Place to get Schlitterbahn Tickets---Cheap!
Old 06-10-2011, 01:28 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

My extended family is heading to New Braunfels in JULY. We plan on spending one day at Schlitterbahn. Where is the best place to get tickets? The group rate through the park is only $2 off each ticket.

A friend told me that last summer she bought hers at Kroger down there and got them $5 cheaper. Anyone near SA know?

1956BD

I always get mine at an HEB grocery store
Old 06-10-2011, 02:04 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

They are only $3 to $5 dollars cheaper, but every little bit counts. I would call Schlitterbahn and ask if there are any specials to get in cheaper with a Coke can or something like that. Sometimes I have seen coupons at Taco Bell, in the past.

They also have an after four special, if some of you don't think you can take the heat all day. This might work well for someone with a young child or an elderly person. Call to make sure they still have this as an option.

I like to arrive early to get a good parking spot. I drive all the way past the main ticket stand and go down to the end of the main park to buy my tickets at a single stand that does not get as crowded. Or, I park at Blastenhoff (not sure of spelling). I buy my tickets there and then start in this area because it has the best slides, but longest lines. They are a little shorter early in the day.

You can take all your own food if you want. Just do not pack any glass. They will most likely check your ice chests. Take some kid favorites, as they will be very tempted by all the snow cones, ice cream and funnel cakes. If you decide to buy your food, it is pretty decent for amusement park food. The turkey legs are good in my opinion. I'll pass on the hamburgers.

I leave everything I possibly can in my car or at motel in your case. The rest I put in my fanny pack around my waist. Yes, my money gets wet, but it survives. This way I don't have to spend money on a locker. Also I do not have to travel all the way to the opposite end of the park to get something I need out of my locker.

I did buy splash cash wrist bands for my teenagers, so they could go off on their own. They work well. We established a home base picnic table. I set a time for lunch so we could all meet back together. I asked them to check in every couple of hours or so. If I was not there, they were to move their beach towel to the other side of our table, so I knew they were alive and well.

Shoes are a must. The pavement will burn your feet badly. Aqua socks or strapped sandals work best. Flip flops get pulled off in the strong water current and are usually lost forever.

Have fun and don't forget your sunscreen!

If you get a chance go to Huisache Grill for lunch or dinner. Great food and service.

crazy4catz

fun times
Old 06-10-2011, 02:34 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

We went a few years back and had a great time! Have fun!

TeachtoScrap

Old 06-10-2011, 03:07 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Thanks for all of the info! I will check on the Coke cans. The late night entry is a great idea too. I have a 3 month old and I won't be able to stay the whole time for sure.

Crazy, we are excited! The kids can't wait for all of the fun!

bison06

Have fun!!!!
Old 06-10-2011, 05:44 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

DH and I just got back from Schlitterbahn. I went a lot growing up but he had never been. We got 2 day passes so we had plenty of time to do everything and then just relax in the water too!!

Have a great time!!!

PPCDTeacher

Old 06-10-2011, 08:07 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I hope you have a WONDERFUL time!!! My husband and I go every summer... its our favorite little getaway. We usually go for 2 days at a time. Our favorite thing is the big wave pool. The slides are amazing.
I THINK that my husband gets our tickets at a discount through the local Tom Thumb store We have also bought them online.
Enjoy your trip, you will really love it!!

1956BD

Tom Thumb stores no longer exist
Old 06-11-2011, 09:46 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

They were bought out by Randalls. They probably offer the same deal as other grocery stores, but it won't hurt to call and ask.

Last edited by 1956BD; 06-11-2011 at 10:59 AM..