Butterfly classroom ideas - ProTeacher Community

FlorenceK

Butterfly classroom ideas
Old 06-21-2011, 08:05 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am doing a butterfly theme classroom. Mostly because I already have lots of butterfly items from years past and have a limited budget. Any ideas for BBs, etc?

FlorenceK is offline   Reply With Quote

pianowoman41

I don't know what kind of management plan you
Old 06-21-2011, 08:33 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

have, but you might make large two or three layer butterflies with arms that come out and hold a little bucket for your sticks, or if you are a "Bucket Filler" , that would be a really cute management board! I think a brown background with teal elements or borders would be awesome! You could mix patterns of yellows and blues or solids with that color scheme. The theme might be titled "Our Behavior Soars in Mrs. ____________'s Room". You might name your rotation board the "Busy Flutter Board". I love sticking to a theme for colors in the room for the year. It pulls things together and feels homey. Student art really pops too.

You can google butterfly classroom theme and find ideas too
pianowoman41 is offline   Reply With Quote

lovegrade1

Art project - symmetry, batik look
Old 06-21-2011, 05:55 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I raised caterpillars into butterflies and here is an art project my kindees did. I gave them the butterfly template. They coloured it with Crayola twistable crayons (better control for small sections than wax) matching patches symmetrically. Then we crumpled the paper into a ball, carefully opened it up, crumpled it again and smoothed it out. We then washed over it with diluted liquid tempera paint to get a batik look.
Attachment

Sign in to view attachment. Not a member? Sign Up FREE
lovegrade1 is offline   Reply With Quote

RebeccaH

Easy art activity
Old 06-22-2011, 03:15 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Fold the art paper in half. Open paper. Children put 3 dobs of paint under each other on one side of the page. Fold back in half again. With side of handspread paint out. Your will get a mirror image. Use texture and draw feelers. I cut them out. leave a bit of white the whole way round. Back onto black paper. So easy and look great.
RebeccaH is offline   Reply With Quote

zoek

butterfly door
Old 06-28-2011, 11:01 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I turned the doorway outside of my classroom this past year into a 9 foot butterfly. I put two circles and oval on the door as the "body" and then the wings were either side of the door that expanded 3-4 feet. Once the body and wings were up my class added shapes to the wings. I used the big rolls purple, green, and black paper in our resource room that PTO provides. The kids loved it! It is a great theme your students will enjoy!

zoek is offline   Reply With Quote