Help

Bulletin Boards & Classroom Themes

Lime green and ocean blue classroom

>

zupiter

Lime green and ocean blue classroom
Old 06-25-2011, 06:56 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I love the colors lime green and ocean blue. I love all of the classroom themes, but don't want to invest the time and energy to do that. I was all for that two weeks ago until I started shopping for items and couldn't find anything! It is so streessing and this is summer vacation!
So I am thinking of using colors.
I am wondering if anyone has used these colors, has pictures of their classrooms, and where you ordered things to match. (trimmer, posters...)
I would also like to incorporate a little black into the mix.
Thanks PT'ers--you always come up with the best ideas!

I am also thinking of getting one of those notebooks from Vistaprint and writing down all of the great ideas I see on this website!

zupiter is offline   Reply With Quote

yesteach

Theme, but not
Old 06-25-2011, 07:18 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I don't have a theme in the sense of what most here have, but all my class decor, posters, calendar, accessories, are Mary Englebreit. I used the black/white/red of the cherries print. Maybe you could find something like that, with the colors you want...?
yesteach is offline   Reply With Quote

SmilingAtYou

Color Scheme
Old 06-25-2011, 07:25 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I love your idea of a color scheme. A color scheme done well can be so inviting!!!! I think the colors you've chosen will be wonderful and, if you decide to incorporate a theme next year, you can add themed deco to your colors and you've got it! Post pics-I can't wait to see it!!! Here are some ideas that I thought of/have done:
  • Use pots that match your colors and put plants in them
  • Try ribbons on things around your room
  • Find or make baskets that are your colors-I brought quilting square fabric(the kind that is cut into #1ft. squares and sold folded with several coordinated colors)and covered butter tubs. Add ribbon=precious and cheap
  • Borders-make your own using wide ribbon or crinkled BB paper or even silk flower vines
  • Cut out your name/class' name in paper to match your colors or use wooden letters.
  • Make a door sign on artist's canvas and hang on a Command hook with coordinated ribbon.
SmilingAtYou is offline   Reply With Quote

tmsmith310

Love your colors
Old 06-25-2011, 10:27 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

When I moved in to my current classroom last year, I was allowed to paint. I choose lime green and blue (lite bright blue). I love the colors as well. I don't have any pics of my room set up only after it was painted. And I can't post on PT yet.

Last year I chose to do a monster theme because the colors were bright and went well with my room. Trends and Scholastic both have a monster set of bulletin board items and trims.
Hobby Lobby has a frabric that is black with neon rainbow peace signs.
On another post some mentioned polka dots.

SmilingAtYou-Really cute and creative ideas. Looking forward to trying a few out myself.
tmsmith310 is offline   Reply With Quote

whtdaisies

similar colors
Old 06-25-2011, 02:45 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I had a polka dot theme with blue, green, black. The Dollar Tree has a lot of baskets that are bright green (lime?) and blue. Last summer I bought an collapsible ottoman from Big Lots that is lime and white, and there is storage in it! I have a dish chair that is blue. I had 5 bulletin boards that are kind of like an aqua blue fabric and the borders are black with white dots. I also had one (will probably have two this next year) bulletin board with black fabric and black border that has a different circle pattern. Right now Target has baskets in the dollar section that are lime. Some of my pillowcases are made from fabric that has blue/green polka dots. I have four pillowcases that are blue and green (2 each color).

I really like the colors and I love polka dots so I will have the same theme next year. The black really makes everything pop.

whtdaisies is offline   Reply With Quote
KelsoeMath

KelsoeMath

Aqua and Lime
Old 06-29-2011, 10:50 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I absolutely love those colors together and plan on using them in my high school math classroom this year. There are 3 4-foot square bulletin boards in my classroom.

I just bought a cute border with blue, teal and lime stripes. I'm gonna use black fabric with this as the border and post my rules on teal copy paper.

On the other 2, I will use fabric I got from Walmart with aqua and lime duct tape for the border. Both have a black background. One is butterflies and the other is polka dots.

My husband and daughter will be helping me this summer paint three sets of large wooden shelves and a podium I built. Maybe I could find lime colored baskets for the shelves.

Great places to shop...Dollar Tree, Big Lots, and the clearance bins at Staples and Office Depot...

zupiter

Thanks!
Old 06-29-2011, 03:04 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Thanks for your advice. I love those colors. Not sure if I will go in that direction, but appreciate advice. School is a couple months away and I am sure that my PT family will have a ton of great ideas by then!
zupiter is offline   Reply With Quote

mathgirly

I have a color theme.
Old 06-29-2011, 03:25 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I will work on trying to get pics uploaded, but for now I'll have to just give a description. My colors are black/white and red with a splash of lime green. I have both doors covered with zebra paper. The classroom door has red circles with black letters that say "welcome". I created my own striped border with my theme colors to put at the top and bottom of the door. My dry erase boards are outlined with black with white polka dots border. My closet door has the zebra background with red posters with white polka dot borders for student work. Above the door I have zebra print letters with red and black layered outlines that say "Wildcat Math". I have lime green crates for learning logs. I have lime green totes in a black wire system for supplies. I have red curtains. A black bookcase that has zebra print photo boxes for storing forms. I have a bulletin board with black backgroud and black and white border that has a splash of bright colors behind a variety of faces titled "The Many Faces of a Wildcat Math Student". And I have some reminder signs on the back wall that are printed on white paper with a lime green and white polka dot border and then backed with black outline.

I could ramble on and on...but hopefully that paints the picture. I love a color theme for my 7th graders because it makes the room inviting but steps us into junior high at the same time. Hope that helps!
mathgirly is offline   Reply With Quote

kristen_teach

Old 06-29-2011, 04:18 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

If you have a Mardel close to you, I think they have some bb items that may fit.

Blue and Green border: http://www.mardel.com/store/item.asp...&ItemId=363576

Their "Dots on Black" line has some dots with blue/green.
http://www.mardel.com/dots-on-black-border.aspx

This set has the same dots on black.
http://www.mardel.com/back-to-school...tin-board.aspx

These are all made by Creative Teaching Press.
kristen_teach is offline   Reply With Quote
keri

keri

lime green/ brown themen
Old 06-29-2011, 07:38 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

I did a lime green and brown theme and it turned out wonderful. The dollar store/Walmart/general dollar is where I found all my lime green baskets and such. I made curtains that were lime green with some black. I painted everything in the room, book shelves, baskets that didn't match. Hope this helps.
Keri

CndTeacher

Old 06-30-2011, 05:34 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

I went with lime green, ocean blue, and dark pink for the coming school year. This is my trimmer, in case you are interested:

http://teachers.scholarschoice.ca/pr...0160/pstart49/
CndTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote

KelsoeMath

Aqua and Lime in a High School Classroom
Old 07-04-2011, 09:34 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

In my classroom, there are 3 small square bulletin boards:

1. black fabric with stripes border...using this one for rules/procedures printed on aqua paper with a piece of lime green behind as a shadow

2. butterfly fabric from Walmart (marked down from $7.97 to $5) with black border

3. large polka dot fabric from Walmart (marked down from $7.97 to $5) with black border...probably gonna use these for my subjects, Algebra 1 and Geometry.

Gonna paint 3 large shelves "Fast Fortune" from Ace Hardware.

I made 2 curtains to put under my counter out of another fabric from Walmart (has zebra print, polka dots, etc)

Every year I get so many compliments on the amount of color in my room!

I colored code my subjects (which this year are pink and purple). If I didn't, I would buy the blue, aqua and lime baskets at Dollar Tree and Big Lots.

I was told this weekend that our Dollar Tree would be putting out the (new) teacher stuff this week!!
KelsoeMath is offline   Reply With Quote