character Counts - ProTeacher Community

Vikki

Vikki

character Counts
Old 03-01-2007, 11:19 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I need some sute Bulletin board ideas for our Character Counts bulletin board. The next month is responsibility- green for March! Any ideas?
We also have Trustworthiness month for April!

MissA1stGrade

march and april
Old 03-01-2007, 06:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

For March, you could make a Responsibili-Tree. I'm not sure of what grade you teach, but depending on the age, you could have the kids or yourself write a way to be responsible on a leaf or flower. Also, as you notice the kids being responsible, you could give them a leaf to write their name on and add to the tree. They can see a way that their actions are being noticed.

When I think of being trustworthy, I think of people working together. You could have each child trace their hands, then use this as a border. Overlap the hands, so it looks as though everyone is holding hands in trust. You could title it, "In Each Other We Trust." You could do team building activities with the kids, and take pictures of them. Mount the pictures on the board, putting the name of the activity and children in a caption under the picture.
MissA1stGrade is offline   Reply With Quote

imau2u

Character Grow
Old 03-15-2007, 02:19 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

For spring, I usually create a bulletin board titled "Watch Our Character Grow." I start off with a bare tree, representing winter and then as the students catch classmates in their class following the character trait of the month they add a leaf to the tree. I like to have them trace their hands on green paper for the leaves, and in no time at as spring approaches your tree will grow. As an added incentive, I leave time at the end of the day for students to share teh leaves they are adding, this way students are aware that they are being nominated and it encourages the others to follow their behaviors. Also, I leave this up until the end of the year, so less work for me as far as changing bulletin boards.
hope that helps
imau2u is offline   Reply With Quote