Bilingual Primary Teachers: Share your center IDEAS here! =) - ProTeacher Community

Aim2Inspire

Bilingual Primary Teachers: Share your center IDEAS here! =)
Old 07-13-2011, 04:04 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

OK, so, I'm thinking that this would be a good way for us to share what we're doing in our classrooms. I'm new to first grade and am looking for ideas wherever I can find them. After having taught 3rd grade for the past 3 years, I'm having nightmares about the switch... I know it won't be that bad, but I can't stop thinking about what different things to do in my own classroom.... I would love and appreciate if you all could share the different centers or other activities that are a MUST for your own bilingual classrooms. =)

Aim2Inspire is offline   Reply With Quote

teaching'sfun

English Only Center
Old 07-25-2011, 12:32 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

One of the things that was very helpful in my dual language (Spanish dominant) classroom last year was the English only center. In this center the students did a variety of activities in English-- examples: used letter blocks to make words, told stories using puppets, listened to books on tape, drew and labeled (or more advanced students wrote sentences). There were two teachers in my room so one of us did English reading and the other did Spanish. Journals of course were invaluable. Good luck in the move.
teaching'sfun is offline   Reply With Quote