Morning Meeting Greetings/Activities - ProTeacher Community

skier6300

Morning Meeting Greetings/Activities
Old 01-02-2006, 01:29 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am in need of some different greetings and quick games for Morning Meeting. If anyone has any that they use, and the kids enjoy, I would love to hear about them. Thank you!

skier6300 is offline   Reply With Quote

AmyH

games and greetings
Old 01-02-2006, 02:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Ball Toss greeting -- toss ball to someone and say good morning -- then sit down after...
Spider Web greeting -- have a ball of yarn and toss to person to say good morning are the most popular in my classroom.
I actually pick a weekly TEACHER'S PET that is in charge of coming up with the greeting for the week... it can be the same greeting each day or change.. The kids love it and invent some great greetings and it is one less thing that I have to stress in the morning about...

As for games my kids LOVE the magic ball... they sing the magic ball song and pass a ball song lyrics -- "the magic ball, goes round and round, to pass it quickly you are bound, if you're the one, to hold it last, this game for you, has surely pass, and you are out."
AmyH is offline   Reply With Quote
2nd grade tea

2nd grade tea

greetings for morning meeting
Old 02-27-2008, 07:18 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

My kids love to sing a song. They stand in a circle, close together and do movements to go with the song. Here are the lyrics... "Hello neighbor, what'd you say, today is going to be a wonderful day, so clap your hands, and boogie on down, bump your neighbor and turn around. Repeat as many times as you would like.

firstgradenr

Old 04-20-2008, 09:00 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

i haven't heard this song before by my kids LOVE to sing! I can't wait to use this idea...thanks!
firstgradenr is offline   Reply With Quote
Student Teach

Student Teach

Count on Command
Old 04-23-2008, 10:31 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I do a morning meeting three times a week and I find that the students really like when I have them stand in a circle and look down. They have to count to ten but do not get to say anything but say the numbers. I begin with one and the students have to count to ten. But the trick is that only one student can talk at once. It is fun to see if they can figure it out. They really enjoy it! Hope this helps.

ashb3276

ashb3276

Song
Old 10-13-2008, 03:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I actually did the same song for a fourth grade classroom that I was placed in during my senior year of college. The students loved to sing and dance to the song.....its actually how they start their morning message everyday!

maggiesmom

I google
Old 03-02-2009, 02:38 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

foreign language greetings and came up with several sites. My students like to greet one another in another language. When I introduce the mew greeting I explain where it came from, etc, show them on the map, etc. My 5th graders love it!
maggiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote