Help

Bulletin Boards & Classroom Themes

Eagle school mascot theme need help!!!

>

imagateacher

Eagle school mascot theme need help!!!
Old 07-26-2011, 07:32 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I have decided to use an eagle (our school's mascot) to create a theme for my classroom. I need some sayings for my classroom and some ideas for my door (welcome). Any ideas?

I am also looking for clipcart of eagles that are sort of hip. I thought about calling my book center the Eagle's Den and creating a large eagle nest for my word wall. The words would be written on feathers or eggs. Not sure......

Maybe I could have on my door a sign that says WELCOME to Eagle Land...and a large eagle holding the sign. Then each area Reading, Math, Science, Social Studies and Writing would have some sort of name (of course the Eagle;s Reading Den). Need help with naming the areas. Any names?

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

imagateacher is offline   Reply With Quote

newtogradetwo

Old 07-27-2011, 01:53 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

how about soaring high with _____'s class. You could also use some patriotic things. Good luck!
newtogradetwo is offline   Reply With Quote

vonsbug

Old 08-03-2011, 04:26 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Last year I had an Eagle room. We called our room The Eagle's Nest. I also used EAGLE BOOKS for homework, Friday Folder, etc. The students could earn Eagle Bucks to spend on Fridays. At the beginning of the year I had the students do a short research report on eagles and they came up with one word characteristics such as, power, vision, strength, soaring, etc. We placed these words in various places around the room as reminders of different character qualities we could work on. Examples; Eagle Vision, Eagle Power, Eagle Strength, Eagles Soar.. There are also amazing posters you can purchase on line of eagles that show the strength and power of eagles. It was a great theme that I used throughout the year and never seemed to get old. The students were encouraged to bring in eagles to decorate their cubbies. Garage sales and thrift stores are great places to find eagle 'stuff'. Some students made dioramas to put in their cubbies. The eagle is also great as a patriotic symbol which I emphasized.
vonsbug is offline   Reply With Quote