Bulletin board ideas - ProTeacher Community

at

Bulletin board ideas
Old 07-28-2011, 07:03 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I need serious help with my hallway bulletin board each month. I like projects to be cute and simple. Please share bulletin board ideas for September (August will be a welcome board). Also do you change out background and borders each month?

at is offline   Reply With Quote

esl

year long board
Old 07-29-2011, 02:55 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

My welcome board one year was an apple tree with each child's name on an apple. As the year progressed the tree stayed, along with the background grass, sky, clouds. teh foreground changed with the seasons - in fall coloured leaves, whuich fell to the 'ground', snow in winter, blossoms in spring, back to green leaves.... Also - when we read 'the mitten; we cut out the animals, collaged with fabirc, and each day moved one more animal into the mitten, which stretched each day (I just cut out a new one, but you could use stretchy fabric!) . At other times the children cut out and decorated figures, sometimes with photos as faces - wearing spring or summer clothes, playing ball, climbing the tree, flying kites, having a picnic uner the tree .......
esl is offline   Reply With Quote

gr8ideas

This year
Old 07-29-2011, 05:48 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I am doing a lot of hand and foot painted art. I found this cute site Crafty crafted dot com
with a lot of ideas! I try to change the paper once or twice a year....the border more frequently....although this year I might just put up handprint border.
gr8ideas is offline   Reply With Quote

lovkteaching

Old 07-29-2011, 06:10 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I don't know if this is cute but I'm doing a nice manners/citizenship/behavior board and am focusing on one each month. Like how to be a friend and I am taking pictures of my little ones doing each one and putting them on the board.
lovkteaching is offline   Reply With Quote

kgardengal

less background paper
Old 07-29-2011, 06:21 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Our fire marshall thought we had too much paper on the walls so i thought- hey, less work for me so I only put up a border. The background is almost like bark- a tan color, so the art i put out is always on a bright background. I just choose something that the kids are doing in art anyway that will fit the board! But sometimes I will post photos. (i can print in black and white from the copier) It is just so cute when the kids print their own sentences underneath and the older kids ooh and aah! I've made murals for Halloween and spring- bright, garish, child made, teacher glued and taken them to the local extended care where we perform. The residents love them.

kgardengal is offline   Reply With Quote

vacation

Painted bulletin boards
Old 07-29-2011, 07:34 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I have my bulleting boards painted. Most are black and look very sharp as a background. I have border that is all round year seasonal. Shows snow for January, hearts for February etc. I change my bulletin boards that are in the hallway often.
vacation is offline   Reply With Quote

Sweet_Smartie

Too much paper?
Old 07-29-2011, 08:52 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Never heard of that before! I like to layer the papers. I usually plan out my bulletin board by colors (oct-dec: red, january-feb: light blue, march-may: yellow/gold). I put down the gold paper first. Then I put the light blue with the red on top of that. When the month was over, I take the paper off and the next months paper was ready to go. It really cuts my bulletin board time in half!
Sweet_Smartie is offline   Reply With Quote

AKindTeach

Bulletin Board
Old 07-29-2011, 09:31 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

Hi. My bulletin boards have to be changed once a month. For September...I am doing a POPCORN theme.. "See Who Popped into Kindergarten!"The students will trace/ cut a large popcorn pattern and write their name. This is a good way to introduce our popcorn words since the first words we will be introduced and hopefully learn will be our names. I bought popcorn bags and popcorn buckets at the dollar store. I look for everything and anything POPCORN related!
AKindTeach is offline   Reply With Quote

jvicknair28

Beginning of the Year Bulletin Board Ideas
Old 07-30-2011, 03:50 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

I love how everyone changes their board every month including the boarder, but I have found over the years (this is my 8th year)- that doing that is very time consuming. What works best, for me, is having a generic fabric and school border and never change either. I have 3 hallway boards- 1 is light green with the months of the year boarder, 1 is gingham green with and apple boarder, and 1 is sparkly blue with and orange boarder. This works really really well and I only change every 2-3 weeks what goes on the boards. But whatever works for you. I do highly recommend fabric over paper.

Some Welcome Board Ideas: (these I have done already- every year is different)
1. Make a closed crayon box out of bulletin board paper (yellow and green) and place names on crayon cut-outs/die-cuts. Write on box "Ms. ____ Kindergarten Crayons" or whatever.
2. "Friends of Ms. ____ Kindergarten"- Purchased kid stick people and place those around the board and posted pics of students working or playing together around the board. Kids names were labeled under the pictures.
3. "Look who's cooking in Ms. ____ Kindergarten"- made a giant chef and pan with kids names on cookies. Some cookies were on the pan.
4. "Ms. ____ Movie Stars"- I'm sure this has been done but one year I needed to be simple. I had names on stars and die-cuts of cameras, can also put pictures of them if need be.
5. "Welcome to Ms. ____ Kinder'garden'"- Used plastic flower bouquets and placed at bottom of board, kids names on flower die-cuts.
6. "Ms. ____ Kindergarten Picnic"- board was a picnic blanket, and names on ants and food
7. MY FAVORITE IDEA YET (did this last year)- "If students were gumballs, I'd 'chews' you"- made a big gumball machine out of poster board, names on construction paper gumball circles inside the bumball machine, my name was on the gumball flapper at the bottom with a few gumballs coming out, bought real gum but only used the wrappers and placed the wrappers radomly around the gumball machine.
8. MY IDEAS THIS YEAR- "The ABC's of Ms. _____ Kindergarten"- make an outside scene with a yellow sun, green grass, and clouds. Hang all the letters A-Z on a clothesline and kids names go under their first letter.
jvicknair28 is offline   Reply With Quote