if you use planbook.com - ProTeacher Community

jennmsu93

if you use planbook.com
Old 08-01-2011, 11:00 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

If you use planbook.com, what are your pros and cons? I've always written out my plans each week but am tempted to jump into using an electronic planbook. I think it'll make my life much easier.

Thoughts?? Advice?

Thanks!

jennmsu93 is offline   Reply With Quote

Meggin

Not Planbook for me
Old 08-01-2011, 11:20 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I'm sorry I'm not answering your question, but I thought this site might be interesting to you if you're looking for an online planbook.

I use planbookedu.com. It's pricier ($25), but I like that it looks like a planbook--a square for each lesson, all on one weekly page. I can attach worksheets for each lesson, link websites and online videos, add standards for each day/lesson, set up the entire year with a few clicks, etc. There is a free version, too, but if you want to be able to share your plans (for example, with your principal), then you need the $25 plan. The plans can be printed, but I wanted to go paperless.
Meggin is offline   Reply With Quote

trishg1

Old 08-01-2011, 12:29 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I have used planbookedu for 2 years and I've switched to planbook.com this year. It is so much easier and more flexible than edu. I like that I can bump a plan, and it moves everything ahead. I can make templates and have a separate box for notes & homework. I am dysgraphic, so anything that is keyboard based is my friend.
trishg1 is online now   Reply With Quote

leapinto5

Old 08-01-2011, 12:57 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I just found out about planbook.com recently, and I really like it. Though, I was at school today, and I thought I would start working on my plans for the first week back, and what happens? It is blocked!!! Of all things to block! I put in a work order to get it unblocked, but who knows how long that will take. So my advice, make sure it isn't blocked at your school. I am sure my school will unblock it, but it is just a big pain in the butt.
leapinto5 is offline   Reply With Quote

alicej

Old 08-01-2011, 03:10 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I put my lessons on google docs and share with my grade level. Here is a link with a tutorial for how to use it.

http://web.mac.com/tammy.w/TipOfWeek...readsheet.html

Love tammys tips. I am registered with her and get tips of the week, FREE!!!!

alicej is offline   Reply With Quote

tmar

Planbook
Old 08-01-2011, 04:01 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I just found out about it today from another poster and I've been watching the tutorials and playing around with it and I'm so on board! I love it - now I just need to get some more teachers at my school to join up so we can get the free extra months. They didn't have Georgia standards, but I emailed them and they are in the process of getting them on there by the end of August they said. I really like it!
tmar is offline   Reply With Quote

jennmsu93

thanks ...
Old 08-02-2011, 04:55 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

for your advice. I think I'm going to sign up for the 30-day free trial and see how that goes.

And thanks, leapinto5, I'll need to double check to make sure the site isn't blocked on my school computer!
jennmsu93 is offline   Reply With Quote