Help

ARCHIVE

Easter Baskets

>

Emily

Easter Baskets
Old 03-15-2007, 04:52 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Any cute ideas for Easter baskets that the kids could make for our annual egg hunt? In the past I have always used the strawberry baskets with woven construction paper, but they are pretty small. The students can hardly carry two eggs in them! I am seeking new ideas!

Emily is offline   Reply With Quote

Kate26

gallon milk jug bunnies
Old 03-15-2007, 05:38 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

For each child, collect empty (washed out) milk gallon jugs. Then you or an adult volunteer will need to cut the top 1/4 of jug off. Start behind the opening the milk flows through and cut down to the front middle. The best part is the children will use the original milk jug handle to hold the basket by. The children can glue bunny ears on each side of the handle. On the face of the carton glue two eyes, nose and whiskers. Put some easter grass in the inside and you have a study basket to take on the hunt. To keep the bunny features on I would staple them after the children have glue the ears, etc. School glue does not stay on plastic well. You could also try hot glue.
Happy Easter!
Kate26 is offline   Reply With Quote

PoohBear

baskets
Old 03-15-2007, 05:44 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

There's an Easter basket thread over in Kindergarten with some cute ideas.
PoohBear is online now   Reply With Quote
katsmom

katsmom

colored kleenex baskets
Old 03-16-2007, 07:55 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

They sound odd, but they turn out lovely, and require so little. I ask parents to donate the colored pink and blue kleenexes. You need about 8 boxes for your class. I then blow up large balloons. The students then "paper mache" the kleenex onto the balloons using an equal mixture of glue to water. You have to be sure to keep the kleenexes open flat as you plaster them to the balloons, and it has to be about three kleexes thick. We leave about 3-4 in. at the top of the balloon open. The balloons must dry 3-4 days, then pop balloons, and you have lovely large "eggs" to put their treats in.

P.S. Okay, I just reread your original post, and these baskets don't have handles. They may not be appropriate for gathering eggs; they're more delicate than that, sorry.