End of Selection Tests in WORD DOCUMENT - ProTeacher Community

Last Chance to Enter!

blueyz24

End of Selection Tests in WORD DOCUMENT
Old 08-25-2011, 08:52 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am in desperate need of the Trophies End of Selection Tests in Word format or Smart Board. I am hoping I don't need to retype all of the tests from PDF and thought someone from ProTeach can help me! Are there any overachievers out there who have already done this or converted it?

blueyz24 is offline   Reply With Quote

kermit63

Resources
Old 08-25-2011, 10:34 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I'm not sure if this will help, but you can print out all of the end of the selection tests directly from the Harcourt website. Everything is listed under Teacher Ancillary Resources. Unless you are changing some of the questions, there would be no need to retype from the PDF, just print them out directly from your computer.
kermit63 is offline   Reply With Quote

blueyz24

Old 08-25-2011, 01:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I am wanting to import them into Smart Notebook so that the kids can take them on the computer. Our district has only supplied us with 6 copies of the test and ink is scarce. The website only has them in PDF.

CmonkE

Blueyz24
Old 08-25-2011, 09:32 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I may have some of the tests on my computer at school. The constructed response questions however are different from the ones in the book. My grade level and I have changed the question to meet our benchmarks (some are already converted to fit common core). I am willing to trade you this resource for some other trophies resource that you have I'm looking for ways to spruce it up...it's killing me thats why.
CmonkE is offline   Reply With Quote

blueyz24

Thanks!
Old 08-26-2011, 11:05 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I would be very willing to trade anything! We do all of our lessons on the Smart Board and have daily lessons prepared, including FCIM, for each story.

ccteacher

PDF snapshot
Old 08-27-2011, 06:31 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Hi there,
You can use the "snapshot" feature in Adobe Reader to capture the page and paste it into SMART Notebook. I have Adobe Reader X (the newest version), and in the Edit menu there is an option to "Take a Snapshot."

But, I've used this feature for years in older versions of Adobe Reader. I think in the older versions you have to click, "Edit", then "Select and Zoom", then you'll find the "Snapshot" feature.

You just click and highlight (it makes a rectangle) over what you want to copy. (It automatically copies the area -- you don't have to click anything else.) Then you just open SMART Notebook and paste it.

Let me know if you have further questions!!
ccteacher is offline   Reply With Quote

ccteacher

SMART Notebook Print Capture
Old 08-27-2011, 06:37 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I just remembered that you should also be able to do a SMART Notebook Print Capture from Adobe (the PDF document.) Just go to your print options, and use the drop down printer selection to select "SMART Notebook Print Capture."

It should convert the entire document into a SMART Notebook presentation quickly!
ccteacher is offline   Reply With Quote

blueyz24

Smart Response
Old 08-27-2011, 01:15 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I will try that next but the screen capture feature as far as I have used it in the past will just take a picture of what I need. I want to use the questions with the smart response remotes and they need to be imported for that or typed in.

CmonkE

Sorry blueyz...
Old 08-28-2011, 01:16 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

Now that I'm re-reading..I'm not sure what I have is what you need. Did you want the questions and all already typed out??

I have an answer key (they read the questions from their practice books) then write the answer letter. I then retyped the constructed response questions (so they're different from the practice booK) and the children answer on there.
CmonkE is offline   Reply With Quote