attendance chart - ProTeacher Community

Happydance

attendance chart
Old 09-03-2011, 06:26 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hi, I am just curious as to how everyone does their attendance chart. I need so cute ideas. We need to do an attendance where the kids find their name and put it in the school side. Last year I did a fish bowl and kids that are absent will be out of the fish and if they are here they put themself in the bowl..

Happydance is offline   Reply With Quote

bucket

attendance chart
Old 09-03-2011, 07:29 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Mine is pretty simple. It is a pocket chart that says "Look who is here today:" The girls names are on pink sentence strips and the boys are on blue. The children find their name and then turn it over so that the picture of the child that is on the back shows. By the second nine weeks I remake it so that all of the names are written on the same color usually yellow. The third nine weeks I remake the names to first and last name. And the fourth nine weeks has just the last name. I do pink and blue at the beginning so that those who don't know their name only have to look at half the names to find theirs. It's not necessarily cute but it gets the job done.
bucket is offline   Reply With Quote

ThankaTchr

I do 'Attend-ANTS' thanks to Really Good Stuf
Old 09-03-2011, 08:02 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

That is one of their fun suggestions for the 100day ant magnets you can get cheap from them (50 black/50 red). We are all so busy especially at the beg. of the year, I wanted something simple where they could read their name and connect with me.

My last team partner makes double name tags, laminates library cards to a poster and velcros one set of names!! TOO MUCH WORK every year (and wastes recources) save them for something else

I make ONE roster with all my kids. Alpha order-the last few are added to the bottom out of order since I did get a few more. I set it up after the first few weeks since we use real roll calls sent to the office during that time.

THey get an ant from me, find their name and cover it. We also do a quick math subtraction with how many ants I have leftt vs how many kids in our class.
ThankaTchr is offline   Reply With Quote

Lansgm

You've Got Mail
Old 09-03-2011, 10:55 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

This year we are doing a big postcard exchange unit to help the kids learn about places other than Wisconsin. To go along with this, each child has their name on an envelope. When they get there in the morning they find their envelope and put it in the mailbox. Whoever's envelopes are left on the table and not in the mailbox are absent that day.
Lansgm is offline   Reply With Quote

primaryteach

I use my double pocket chart
Old 09-03-2011, 11:20 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

from Carson Dellarosa. I use a folded index card to write each students' name in the small pocket. We have to also do lunch count. The lunch choices are shown on a sandwich bag filled with tongue depressors labeled with a number (#1 in the choice 1 bag, #2 in the choice 2 bag, etc....). The kiddos pick a stick for their lunch choice and put it in their name pocket. It sounds complicated here but it really is simple. And in one fell swoop I have lunch count and attendance done at a glance. You can make it cuter as you wish with cutouts for names- like such as apples so that with the sticks they look like caramel apples. I hang mine on my closet door so it also takes up very little room.

primaryteach is offline   Reply With Quote

treetoad

Old 09-03-2011, 03:35 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

pocket chart with pictures of each lunch choice
names regular lunch alternate lunch need milk lunch from home no milk

student moves the name to the lunch choice and wala attendance and lunch count are done.
treetoad is offline   Reply With Quote

greeneggsandk

Old 09-03-2011, 09:30 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I bought smiley face magnets from the dollar tree and wrote my students classroom number on each magnet. Then I made a sheet with each of my students numbers, which I have taped to my dry erase board, but it's not too high so my students can't reach it. When they arrive they move their magnet to the sheet with the numbers.
greeneggsandk is offline   Reply With Quote

canIplease

I use my BEE-havior chart
Old 09-04-2011, 10:52 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I have the we have great bee-havior chart from really good stuff and the kids check their bees in on the green hive each day. They love moving their bee. I also have them move their bee when they need to for too many misbehaviors. That way it serves many purposes.
canIplease is offline   Reply With Quote

Kinder Mom

I use
Old 09-04-2011, 06:32 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

magnetic names. They place their name under the HERE column. Those that are left on the table are placed under the NOT HERE column.
Kinder Mom is offline   Reply With Quote