Back To Kindergarten - ProTeacher Community

xnanny

Back To Kindergarten
Old 09-24-2011, 04:58 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hi I hope someone can give me some good advice. I have spent the past 8 years teaching first grade and have loved every minute of it. On Tuesday due to budget cuts one of our k teachers was put on "hold" so to speak and I was transferred to K. I have taught K before I taught First gd for about 5 years but there has been so many changes. If anyone can help me to get excited about teaching this grade I would appreciate it. Where should I start with Reading? Writing? We have a math curriculum so thats ok. but we can pretty much follow what ever plan we want. We have literacy by design-a reading program. I like Teachers college so I am trying to figure out how to start with these students fresh on Monday morning. I've had them for about 3 full days and it is difficult with their behaviors, very young-yeah I know they are only 5 some are still 4! I have a positive attitude but admit I wish I was with my own class in my own room. Thanks

xnanny is offline   Reply With Quote