Sister wives... - ProTeacher Community

Ally

Sister wives...
Old 10-02-2011, 09:44 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

It is SO bad...yet I can't seem to turn away!! It was weird enough when they shared a home in Utah, but now in Vegas, all the wives live separately, so he just travels from home to home.

And how do they afford 4 houses, 17 kids, their cars etc when no one works? Does TLC pay them a fortune? Tonight's episode was all about furniture buying since they left most of their belongings in Utah. No one works, they struggle for money (so they say) and each wife gets to furnish a room and they also bought him a ring. I usually don't buy beds, couches and rings when I am short on cash....it makes no sense!

It is interesting to me how few of their children want to follow their parents into polygamy. It seems like only one of the teen girls wants to be part of the whole sister wife experience.

So does anyone else watch...or is it just me?

shelliebean

Like a train wreck
Old 10-03-2011, 01:14 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

we just can't look away.
I have had some of the same thoughts, I heard somewhere (sorry can't remember where) that they each take turns getting public assistance. Seems logical since they are legally unwed single mothers. Only the first wife is legally married.
I just can't see how they tolerate his attitude.
What is his job? I have watched several times but have never heard it mentioned what he does for a living.

Dawn

Same ideas as me
Old 10-03-2011, 01:25 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

They are so strange. They got furniture because it was "in the budget" and there was money left over "in the budget" for a wedding ring for Kody. What budget???

Mr Sensai

Old 10-03-2011, 02:28 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Wait wasn't TLC called The Learning Channel? At least it was when I was in the USA.

Just rename it to Trashy Lowbrow Channel I guess ...

Katnmouse

Old 10-03-2011, 03:01 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

There is no way that "family" can keep the same dynamics it had as a single group (plus Robyn the interloper) Don't they realize that independence and a lot of lonliness might just lead to some "brother" husbands? At the least the green eyed monster will be seriously busy on each of them wondering what each other and Kody are planning behind their backs.

Trainwreck indeed...

kristabel

Old 10-03-2011, 03:32 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I am guilty, too. It is so bizarre. At first, I wondered how they coexisted without being envious of each other or the time and attention Kody lavished on one over another. Now, we are seeing that they are getting envious. The one wife looks like her weight has ballooned. It's probably the stress. The newest, Robin, is clearly his favorite. I expect a few of the the sisters will be flying the coop. And can Captain Obvious make a statement here: What do they see in Kody?? He is a scraggly haired, pot-bellied sloth. I don't get it ??

I certainly hope they are not receiving public money for this travesty. And poor Kody...now he has to travel a few houses down to get his assigned conquest. He can't just move between bedrooms like a thief in the night.

TXlady

Old 10-03-2011, 03:51 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Don't know about now that they are in Vegas, but back in Utah both Mary and Janelle had jobs, and Robin and Christine stayed home. Don't know if Mary and Janelle have jobs now or plan to, but i remember an episode back when they lived in Utah when they said those 2 wives worked.

readbks2

Old 10-03-2011, 07:16 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I don't see anything in Kody, and I agree Robin appears to be his favorite. Meri, Janelle, and Christine all seem to know their own minds and have their own opinions, but then they all seem so brainwashed by him. I guess if they are brought up in this "religion", there's no arguing with the situation. It seems to Kody's advantage to keep preaching this religion. I guess they don't believe in birth control either.

CKathyteach

Me too
Old 10-03-2011, 07:52 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

I also get sucked into this. What does anyone see in him... he is so pompous and impressed with himself. I agree that Robyn is the favorite... but before she came on the scene,Christine, Truly's mom, appeared to be the favorite. Perhaps the one with the most recent child gets the attention for a while.

I really think Janelle is having the hardest time right now. She is used to working full time and now she is not working and just seems so unhappy. I think when she was working she wasn't around as much and all of this wasn't so "in her face". Perhaps the longer she is not working and able to "see" this mess, and maybe she will chanage her mind about things. She is the only one of the wives who seems to have a head on her shoulders and she seems the most concerned about the kids... all of them, not just hers. On last night's episode, I thought it was very telling the way she described how she felt about Kody's relatinship with Robyn - she actually made a gagging motion!

Kody thinks they all need to be in one house, and it appears that is their goal. Good luck finding a compound in Las Vegas big enough for that crew!

subczy

dh watched it w/ me last week...
Old 10-03-2011, 01:59 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

I haven't seen the furniture episode. I thought they were going home for their stuff in utah?? They can afford 4 houses but not a moving company???

all my dh kept saying was - what does he do for a living that he can pick up and move to another state AND afford all those houses and kids.

I BET the wives bought him a ring. I just bet. I bet you he wont' wear it on a regular basis. It interfers w/ his hairdo and fancy car.

I continue to watch b/c I find the wives fascinating. I like them all and how they pull off normal so well. And then tehre is him. He is a smuck. He makes my skin crawl and I want to smack him when I see him flipping his long hair around and his pastel dress shirts. And if they are so broke maybe he shoudl sell his motorcycle or his sports car. Ya thinK??

I find the step kids interesting too. It is bad enough that any of us might be divorced and have to deal w/ a new spouse w/ our children but to have that person be sooo different is insane to me!

I'llk eep watching. I do get sad for families however that do these shows b/c whiel they make the money they are kiss of death for the relationship.

♥theColts

Old 10-03-2011, 02:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

That would really irk me if they are getting public assistance. If it is true I hope it comes out because there would be backlash for that. I always thought to each their own & if it works for them (as much as I don't get "him" ick), then fine. If we are paying for his having a billion children with four wives I'd feel differently.

Ally

Old 10-03-2011, 05:54 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

Thank you for making me feel better about watching it...it is hard to look away!

I thought the episode was telling too...he said something about only talking work with Janelle, like she was "one of the guys" and he is all sweetie-lovey dovey with Robin. I think she is the fave too.

It was super strange when the wives made jokes about giving the other wife "time alone with Kody"....ick on so many levels!!

I also find it weird in the opener when he creepily says "love should be multiplied not divided"...but in reality, by having 4 wives and a billion kids his love and his time is very divided.

I really do not see the benefit of being a sister wife over just having good friends. Those people have been brainwashed by their religion in my opinion.

starley

Old 10-04-2011, 03:31 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #13

Well, heck..he just keeps getting younger, skinnier and newer. That's what Robin is right now. The shiny new toy