Olympic Bulletin Board - ProTeacher Community

Pete

Pete

Olympic Bulletin Board
Old 01-09-2006, 11:11 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I need ideas for an Olympic themed bulletin board. Does anyone have any ideas?

Tounces

Olympics
Old 01-09-2006, 03:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I just put up mine. Not sure what grade level you're looking for, mine is 2nd. I got a bulletin board set from a teacher store. The banner reads-Go for the Gold. I have the pictographs of the winter sports above it. I bought a little torch from Oriental Trading. It takes 2AA batteries. It looks like a real flame. The kids love it. I plan on putting up A papers on the bboard with red white and blue stars bordering them.
Tounces is offline   Reply With Quote
Xandersmommy

Xandersmommy

Olympic theme ideas......
Old 01-15-2006, 08:19 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

You could use gold "medals" as a border. (Probably could get those from Oriental Trading mag - Use just the medallion not the string to hang around the neck). It could be your student(s) of the week bboard. Use the podium steps that they use after the competition for First, Second and Third "places". Put your best student of the week on the first step (gold medal), then your two "runners-up" on your silver and bronze medal steps.

You could use the 5 rings to represent something in your classroom. Maybe concepts or behaviors. (ex. - cooperation, respect, diligence, neatness, timliness? Just an idea ; )

If you have 5th grade and under you could use it as a job chart/helper chart. Stagger medals on the board with the job written on the part that would normally hang around the neck and then write the child's name on a medallion underneath it. The job never changes but the medals do so you can have a medal for each child.

Hope this helps!
Donna Parent

Donna Parent

Para
Old 02-18-2006, 03:47 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Go to: <teachingheart.net/olympics.html> Hope that helps!