End of the Year Poem or Letter to Students - ProTeacher Community

Nicholettev

End of the Year Poem or Letter to Students
Old 04-08-2007, 04:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hello Everyone!

Do you have a poem or letter you give your kids every year at the end of the year to say good-bye? If so, can you post it?

Thanks!
Nicholette

Nicholettev is offline   Reply With Quote

Linda

I have a poem
Old 04-08-2007, 05:16 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

that I put into their poetry/song binders at the end of the year. I will get it and send it to you....but we are on spring break right now....so it might be a week or more before I will get it. When is your last day?
Linda is offline   Reply With Quote

teacherdani21

Old 04-08-2007, 05:47 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I just happened to be looking for those myself, and came across two that I liked. Here they are!

Here's number one:

You're a very special person,
And I wanted you to know,
How much I enjoyed being your teacher.
How fast the year did go!

Please come back to visit me
As through the grades you grow,
Try hard to learn all that you can
There is so much to know!

The one thing I tried to teach you
To last your whole life through,
Is to know that you are SPECIAL
There is no one else like you!

Here's number two:

I'm glad I was your teacher
I've come to love you so
I can't believe the end is here
I hate to see you go!
Remember all the fun we had
In all the things we did
But most of all remember...
You're a very special kid!

Hope these help!
teacherdani21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeanne b

Book gift
Old 04-09-2007, 10:13 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I try to get a copy of Miss Nelson is Missing and write a short poem in the front of the book for each student. I just make one up.
Jeanne b is offline   Reply With Quote

Risa

Here's a long list of poems
Old 04-10-2007, 11:26 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

This page has a LONG list of poems

http://teachers.net/mentors/inspirat....20.36.32.html

Risa is offline   Reply With Quote

jerzgirl

End of the year letter
Old 04-23-2007, 06:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

This is a letter I found years ago online. I still can't read it without getting teary! I have used it and gotten many compliments. Thanks to whomever wrote it!

Dear Parents,
I give you back your child, the same child you confidently entrusted to my care last fall. I give him back pounds heavier, inches taller, months wiser, more responsible, and more mature then he was then.
Although he would have attained his growth in spite of me, it has been my pleasure and privilege to watch his personality unfold day by day and marvel at this splendid miracle of development.
I give him back reluctantly, for having spent nine months together in the narrow confines of a crowded classroom, we have grown close, have become a part of each other, and we shall always retain a little of each other.
Ten years from now if we met on the street, your child and I, a light will shine to our eyes, a smile to our lips, and we shall feel the bond of understanding once more, this bond we feel today.
We have lived, loved, laughed, played, studied, learned, and enriched our lives together this year. I wish it could go on indefinitely, but give him back I must. Take care of him, for he is precious.
Remember that I shall always be interested in your child and his destiny, wherever he goes, whatever he does, whoever he becomes. His joys and sorrows Iíll be happy to share.
I shall always be his friend.
~Author Unknown
jerzgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

menygaard27

Well, I'm kinda hoping for some advice as wel
Old 06-02-2009, 05:45 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

On May 5, 2009, I became suddenly ill and was rushed to the hospital (rather than to report to my 3rd grade students.) I remained in the hospital for a week and a half. Then learned that I would not be returning at all for the rest of the year. I have been devistated by this and so have my students.

I want to put together a letter for them before the year is over letting them know that I am so sorry that I am not there with them right now but that I am in their hearts.

Does anyone have an approach to this for my 3rd graders?

Much thanks
Mary Ellen
menygaard27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Teresa S.

Teresa S.

End-of-the-Year Letter
Old 08-03-2009, 03:59 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

Dear Parents,

I give you back your child, the same child you confidently entrusted to my care last fall. I give your child back pounds heavier, inches taller, months wiser, more responsible, and more mature. Although they would have attained this growth in spite of me, it has been my pleasure and privilege to watch their personality unfold day by day and marvel at this splendid miracle of development.

I give your child back reluctantly, for having spent third grade together in the narrow confines of a crowded classroom, we have grown close, have become a part of each other, and we shall always retain a little of each other.

Ten years from now if we met on the street, your child and I, a light will shine to our eyes, a smile to our lips, and we shall feel the bond of understanding once more, this bond we feel today.

We have lived, loved, laughed, played, studied, learned, and enriched our lives together this year. I wish it could go on indefinitely, but give them back I must. Take care of your child, for children are precious. Remember that I will always be interested in your child and their destiny, wherever they go, whatever they do, whoever they become. Their joys and sorrows Iíll be happy to share.

Thank you for sharing your child with me and my class.