Help

ARCHIVE

Ancient Rome Unit Ideas

>

kitty11710

Ancient Rome Unit Ideas
Old 04-10-2007, 05:20 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hello all! I am beginning my unit on Ancient Rome soon. I don't have many great activites or materials from last year, because my school threw us this huge mandatory project right in the middle of my unit. I then felt I had to rush through the rest of my unit with pretty much just the textbook, which I hate. Any activities, ideas, or projects would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!!

kitty11710 is offline   Reply With Quote

iteach4

Idea
Old 04-10-2007, 06:01 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

When we studied Ancient Rome, one of the projects we had our students complete was a Mosiac Art picture. They used Fruity Pebbles (the cheap version) and drew a picture of an animal on a piece of cardboard and filled it is as if using real mosiac tiles. They came out very cute. I've also done this project with tiny construction squares.
Have fun!
iteach4 is offline   Reply With Quote

hrush

Mythology
Old 04-12-2007, 06:51 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I am currently teaching my students about mythology. I can't think of the books that I am using, but two of them are by EvanMoor. They are the pocket books. My students are enjoy the project. One of the books deal with mythology the other about Ancient Greece. I will update this post after work tomorrow. You might think about finding "Clash of the Titans." This is a movie made in 1981. It was listed as a resource in a book for teaching mythology. I also found another series to use. I will provide you with more details tomorrow.
hrush is offline   Reply With Quote

hrush

Book Title
Old 04-15-2007, 02:23 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I only remember to bring one title, Friday what can I say. It is by Mark Twain Media Publishing Company CD-1829 Social Studies Activity Book Greek & Roman Mythology. My students who don't like to read are enjoying the reading right now and they even seem to understand the worksheets.

hrush

Doing better
Old 04-17-2007, 04:28 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I also have a just found a book by On the Mark Press (OTM-619) in about Ancient Rome. They have several other titles dealing with Ancient Civilizations. I discovered this series in the fall and use it for teaching about the Middle Ages. They have a variety of options in the book. I hope this is helpful.