Leaving soon-gifts for students? - ProTeacher Community

xiotisadeb

Leaving soon-gifts for students?
Old 12-13-2011, 12:27 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hello all,
I am coming to the end of a wonderful student teaching experience. I would like to get the students a small gift of some kind. Any (cheap) suggestions? Also, my co-operating teacher was fantastic! Is it appropriate to also get her a gift?
Thanks!!

xiotisadeb is offline   Reply With Quote

newteach56

Old 12-13-2011, 06:09 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Hello xiotisadeb,

I am also student teaching at the moment and one of my good teaching friends told me to definitely get your cooperating teacher a gift. A personal gift, like a gift card would be acceptable she said. She also reminded me to get a small something for the principal. As for the students I am planning on getting mine something like pencils or something cute but useful and that can be bought in a large quantity. Hope this helps!
newteach56 is offline   Reply With Quote

abcteacher123

I think...
Old 12-14-2011, 03:40 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Hi! I think that you should def. get both the students and your cooperating teacher a gift. For the students, I remeber I made little gift bags for each student and put in things like pencils, erasers, and a couple other fun, yet useful, items. Try a company like oriental trading to buy in bulk (its a lot cheaper!). Also, I brought in cupcakes for the students as well. As far as your co-op, something personal like the person above me said. A gift card is good. I remember I got mine a gift card and a book that she mentioned she was going to buy herself. Whatever you buy the students and your co-op i'm sure they will all love! Good luck and enjoy your final days!
abcteacher123 is offline   Reply With Quote

texasesl

Old 12-15-2011, 05:03 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I gave my mentor teacher a book that she can read to her students for years to come and a gift card. Instead of little gifts for each child, I am giving the whole class a lovely picture (they are 2nd graders) that I think the whole class can enjoy!!

I know there has been discussion about whether or not to give the mentor teacher a gift but we have such a wonderful relationship, it just seemed like a natural thing to do. I know other interns in my group did not give gifts but some of the others did as well.

I am finishing my internship this week and it has been the best experience!! I am so glad for the opportunity and how much I learned and experienced!!

Enjoy!
texasesl is offline   Reply With Quote