Quick Science Fair Project? - ProTeacher Community

melissagriesh

Quick Science Fair Project?
Old 12-30-2011, 06:47 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Help! I have been on maternity leave and now I need to create a science fair project with my students in under two weeks... preferrably one I can complete in a single day!!!

Ideas?!

melissagriesh is offline   Reply With Quote

edison94

Science Fair
Old 12-30-2011, 07:48 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Hello I am the science teacher for our third grade department. A lab you can do overnight is the growing gummy bear.

You place a gummy bear in a cup of water and let id sit in the cup of water overnight. When students arrive the next day have them record what happens. you can have students measure gummy bear before being placed in water and then measure after 24hrs.

Bubbling Lava Lamp

get a 20oz bottle fill 3/4 with cooking oil. fill the rest of the bottle up with water. drop about about three to four drops of food coloring. place the cap on bottle and have kids see the water move through the oil. to take it a step higher break up pieces of an alka seltzer and drop in the bottle and watch what happens.

there is does soap float lab
i like the way you move lab
tie dye t-shirt
look-a-like liquids

if you need help i am here
edison94 is offline   Reply With Quote

kckrzy

The density of pop
Old 12-31-2011, 02:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I've done this one with my 3rd graders the last 2 years. Basically you get canned pop and a tub of water. I grab pop from the teacher's fridge so I don't have to buy any. Compare regular and diet pop, the diet pop will float since it is less dense than regular pop. I break my kids into groups and each group does a different brand of pop along with the same diet. You can easily do it in a short period. I have a couple papers they complete for a science fair journal. Let me know if you'd like them.
kckrzy is offline   Reply With Quote