Help

TEACHERS' LOUNGE ARCHIVE

work is my solace

>

pen&paper

work is my solace
Old 04-12-2012, 09:02 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I have SO MANY personal issues and teaching is my only relief. I love to teach. I love the planning, my co-workers, my students. When I go to work, I completely forget about all my other challenges, but I am home this week. Vacation. I can't wait to go back. I want to forget all my worries again. Sure school can be frustrating. Kids can be testy. But they aren't my kids and while school is my home-away-from-home, it's not where I put my head down on a pillow at night. I am so distraught, worrying about my son(s) and his/their future. Thank you for this opportunity to express my fears and for listening.

PinkSparkle9

Old 04-12-2012, 09:25 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I'm glad you find work your comfort zone so to speak. I wish I could feel the same, but my situation isn't like that. Hopefully some day.

Mrs. S.

Old 04-12-2012, 10:31 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I understand how you feel. I think this Spring Break is about to do me in. I hope it is not a foretaste of how summer is going to be!

I usually love spring break but I could definitely get used to a year round school schedule with the breaks spread out around the year.

mlk56

Old 04-12-2012, 12:37 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I like the idea of year round school too. I enjoy my spring and summer breaks, but I have to admit, I tend to become bored when I am off for a long period of time.

MAsped

Old 04-12-2012, 05:05 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Well, I'm glad you have peace in your work. For me, however, I will ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS love & prefer ANY kind of day off, week off, summer vacation, etc. & no break is too long for me! I would hate it if I worked for a year-round school. I prefer to get the school year over w/ (with the holidays off throughout the year) & then have the nice summer vacation...which still goes by way too fast by the way!

Do you see any relief in sight w/ you personal issues? Are you seeing a therapist about it? When the day comes when I have so many personal issues that I'd prefer to be at work, something's seriously wrong.

I hope things get better in your personal life.

beagles2

Old 04-12-2012, 05:55 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I'm sorry about the worries you're having, but am so glad to hear someone else express how much they enjoy teaching and how you get so focused on it you forget about everything else.

Luckily, I am not having troubles in my personal life, nevertheless, I love walking into my classroom. I just really enjoy teaching, although I sometimes get tired, cranky, frustrated with the kids and admin too. Still, I just love it. And when I read the boards on PT it seems like so many people are miserable teaching and just complain about everything. It's so refreshing to hear someone else who's happy with their job.

Hope things improve for you at home.