5th grade Science Classroom Set up - ProTeacher Community

mfrog317

5th grade Science Classroom Set up
Old 04-23-2012, 08:32 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hi everyone!

I am new to this site. I just signed a contract for 5th grade Science!! I'm so excited. I taught for 5 years in the primary grades and have been home for the past 4 years with my kids. I feel like a brand new teacher. A new school, new grade level, new, new , new I will be teaching 4 Science classes, plus my homeroom Writing, Social Studies and Character Education. I need ideas for classroom set up and organization of papers, multiple classes, etc.

Thanks for any advice!
:-)

mfrog317 is offline   Reply With Quote

nette25

Old 04-23-2012, 04:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I teach Science to 5th-8th graders. I have my students use a notebook for notes, a marble notebook for labs/experiments, and another marble notebook for our Science Fair. For my 5th and 6th graders I have Science kits that supply all our materials in huge plastic bins. For 7th and 8th grade I have test tubes, scales, and many household supplies in supply cabinets in my room. I have lab tables as opposed to desks so my students work with the people they sit with when doing a lab (I periodically change their seats so they have the opportunity to work with different students). I have trays labeled by grade, but you could label yours by class period, so the students know where to turn in their work, tests, etc. Good luck and enjoy!
nette25 is offline   Reply With Quote