Preschool Graduation - ProTeacher Community

abctchr

Preschool Graduation
Old 05-02-2012, 10:48 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I was wondering if anyone has any new ideas for a preschool graduation???
I have a few songs that I always have the kids sing and then I do a slideshow, but I am looking for something new!!
Thanks!

abctchr is offline   Reply With Quote

Lilacs

Old 05-03-2012, 04:29 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

My daughters preschool take the kids photos and glues them on to a cut of a graduation person (hat and gown - coloring page style), attaches to pospsicle stick and put them in the cake to decorate Maybe not new but it was cute
Lilacs is offline   Reply With Quote

clydesdale115

PreK Grad
Old 05-03-2012, 12:16 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Here's what we are doing at our church-based Pre-K graduation program:

Prelude: slide show powerpoint
Processional (Come, Now Is the Time to Worship)

2 Little Blackbirds (fingerplay with funny verses)
What a Miracle (Hap Palmer)
Bible verse
I Am a Promise
What I want to be when I grow up
Oh We're Off to Kindergarten (yee-haw) (tune: She'll Be Comin' 'Round the Mtn)
Receive diplomas
clydesdale115 is offline   Reply With Quote

peanutbutterj

Preschool graduation
Old 05-08-2012, 07:06 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I would not have too much "performing." Sometimes the expectation is too much. Songs that the children are familiar with and enjoy is great. You may have always done this, but these kiddos have never "graduated" before so it is still new to them! If you have a favorite story, or nursery rhyme, they could recite parts/all. they could possible act it out (if they are up for that.) I heard a teacher last year make a statement to the parents "the children have practiced very hard and are very excited! If your child does not sing, please know that it is okay, they might be shy/scared. All of the children have done a great job" It was awesome to hear that - I think parents sometimes need reminded too!
peanutbutterj is offline   Reply With Quote
kgeraci42

kgeraci42

Preschool Gradation
Old 05-09-2012, 06:50 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

We have our kids show off what they learned by starting with the pledge. Then we sing a few graduation songs. One that I made up sounds like "Dynamite" The kids love it because it's one of their favorite songs to dance to! It goes:

I throw my hands up in the air sometimes
Saying, I'm done! Done with preschool!
I wanna celebrate and live my life
Singing, I'm done! Done with Preschool!
Cuz we're going to Kindergarten
We're gonna read and write
Our future is so very bright
Cuz I told you once
Now I told you twice
Our future is so very bright!

*At the end, they put on sunglasses to show off their bright future! It's kind of really adorable!

MissHopeful

Old 05-09-2012, 01:38 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I have always been to these things for family, in my career, et cetera where the entire experience is whole-group and they're always really cute... finger plays, songs, poems, even prayers... but they're always insync, whole group and I've never had an expectation of anything different.

Then I attended one last year where the students were able to do one little piece individually, and it made all the difference! I know that was scary for the teacher, probably, thinking what if none of these kids are brave enough to go up to the mic alone and say their part... some adults won't even do that!! but the kids in this little church preschool ALL did it, some quieter than others, but they all did.

Maybe consider something like this, even if its just introducing themselves to the crowd. It is an important skill, public speaking is, and it can never start too early.

This teacher had her kids each walk up and say A is for Apple or B is for Balloon or whatever, each student had a letter. You could even make as many of them as possible have a letter in their name. maybe?
MissHopeful is offline   Reply With Quote