Help

ARCHIVE

Cupcake theme

>

princessteach

Cupcake theme
Old 05-07-2007, 10:21 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Does anyone have any ideas for a cupcake back to school theme? I'm not sure what grade I'll be teaching. I've seen apples, fish, frogs, etc used, however I would like something different. I know a lot of the cupcake themes are more for birthdays. However, I found some cupcakes without candles and plan to write the students' names on them. Is this a cute?

princessteach is offline   Reply With Quote

shanfer

Wall Decorations
Old 05-07-2007, 10:37 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

A great and inexpensive way to get wall decorations to fit any theme is to make them yourself with an overhead and colored chalk. You can find images online and then print or copy them on a transparency. Place white poster board on the wall with the image on the overhead and trace the image onto the poster board with a pencil. Color the image with colored art chalk. Then trace it with a thick black marker and laminate it. You can even write words on it before laminating or after with a dry erase marker. I have seen it done with cupcakes for classroom birthday lists. You could maybe make multiple with different colors or types of cupcakes to post in your room. I think you could use this theme with any grade as long as you fit it to the age group. Maybe you could say "Learning is Sweet".
shanfer is offline   Reply With Quote

educ8r

ideas
Old 05-08-2007, 05:49 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Other sayings...

"_________ graders are a real treat."

"Look what we're cooking up."

"Our work 'takes the cake'" (this one may be a little far fetched)

"Delicious work"

For a reading center you could make a patio umbrella look like the top of a cupcake and they can read under it.

Carson Dellosa has a cute bulletin board set for birthday's but it has tons of cute cupcakes with it.

You could also let them decorate their own paper cupcake and use it to put on a bulletin board or on your door with the title "Miss ____________ Sweet Bunch"

I think it is a great theme...although it might make my mouth water all year. Cupcakes are my weakness! Good luck!
educ8r is offline   Reply With Quote
kinderteache

kinderteache

Cupcakes
Old 06-12-2009, 11:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I am doing a cupcacke theme for my classroom for kindergartens. I am excited, but I need more sayings for anyone have more ideas? Love the previous ones.
jmc

jmc

2nd Grade is a Piece of Cake!
Old 06-29-2009, 03:55 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I 'm going to do a cupcake theme. I had cupcake pictures blown up and printed on poster paper. I'm buying cupcake border and I created a cupcake template for student writing. They will write a short bio the first week of school. Then they will decorate the top icing part with beads.