Safari/Jungle theme - ProTeacher Community

AmberD2000

Safari/Jungle theme
Old 05-25-2012, 09:09 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I want to do a Safari/Jungle theme for next year. I am looking for any and all suggestions so I can work on it over the summer and plan my room for next year. Please help with any ideas. I am a new teacher and have never done a theme before.

AmberD2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

LuvMickeyMous

Search
Old 05-26-2012, 08:52 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I did a search on this board. Hope you find some ideas:

http://www.proteacher.net/discussion...archid=9078003
LuvMickeyMous is offline   Reply With Quote

supermoss

Jungle Theme
Old 06-01-2012, 07:04 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Our school mascot is the Lion...last year our art teacher painted lions in the hallway and in the cafeteria...so, I got with all the elementary teachers and we decided to all use the jungle theme to kick of the new year. In the hallway we twisted green paper to create vines, I cut out large leaves and brightly colored flowers to hang from the ceiling. I collected several stuffed monkeys, snakes (stuffed and plastic), lemurs, and jungle type birds to dangle from the ceiling as well. Each grade chose a different jungle animal to use as their classroom theme. I did a google search for pictures and used my smart board to project the pictures so I could copy them onto posterboard...to create decorations for my classroom. You could also print pictures onto transparencies and use an overhead projector in order to put the pictures on the wall...then you could paint them.
supermoss is offline   Reply With Quote

SusanTeach

jungle
Old 06-07-2012, 08:19 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I have a jungle theme, and I got so many ideas from this board! Do a search for jungle and/or safari and you'll see many pictures and posts to give you an abundance of ideas!

Here's a start:

http://www.proteacher.net/discussion...archid=9384211
SusanTeach is offline   Reply With Quote

4TeamWork

Ideas
Old 06-12-2012, 08:50 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I did the safari/jungle theme last year.
Wish I could post pics...

For the hall BB I chose two shades of green and made zebra/tiger prints for the background and used orange letters "It's A Learning Jungle In Here" and added silhouettes of animals.

I called my "star student" "The Top Lion" and created a 3D lion head out of BB paper

Rules board was "Rules of the Jungle" I had a blue background and animal print boarder and numbers and and wrote the rules in black.

I created "jungle bucks" as rewards...can tell you more about that if you are interested.

For AR incentive I created a large 3D tree on one of my BB and used mini monkey die cuts for each kid. The grassy area at the bottom of the tree is were all the monkeys began. I attached them using paper clips so they could be easily moved. I used fishing line along the grass to hold them all, pinned up two lines going vertical down the trunk to move them as the kids earned points (wrote tick marks at 10 point intervals) and another line going across the leaves at the top. I had the number 100 in orange there and as the kids reached 100 points (our building goal) their monkey was put in the leaves.

For AM incentive I had a black background and giraffe/cheetah border and letters "Our Math Spots". I cut spots out if brown construction paper. Each kid had their own spot to keep track of mastered objectives.

My library I created vines to hang from the ceiling and had a blow-up monkey hanging from it.

I also had blow-up animals from oriental trading hanging above each table to ID the tables.

My Bday board I pinned a blow-up giraffe to the board and gave him a speech bubble that I wrote "we will celebrate (blank) birthdays on the (blank)" I then laminated it and put a banana up each month in the first blank that had either a month or summer written on it. In the next blank I wrote the date we would celebrate with an expo marker.

4TeamWork is offline   Reply With Quote