Go Math lessons aligned with Alabama common core - ProTeacher Community

tibby

Go Math lessons aligned with Alabama common core
Old 06-17-2012, 12:30 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

This will be the first year we will be implementing Go Math! I teach 4th grade and I am already overwhelmed not only do I have to teach common core standards for the first time, but I have to implement a new math program as well. If you can help me feel a little at ease it will greatly be appreciated!

tibby is offline   Reply With Quote

northern mich

Rest easy
Old 06-21-2012, 06:17 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

My school is implementing GoMath and common core next year also. I used GoMath as a pilot program last year and it was great! All of the common core standards are included in the GoMath program so you don't have to do much extra. I suggest concentrating on the math program and the cc will happen. Good Luck
northern mich is offline   Reply With Quote
jjfarmerj

jjfarmerj

Go math common core
Old 07-28-2012, 07:03 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Last year we piloted Math in Focus. I ended up supplementing other books because it did not meet my students needs. It also did not entirely meet the Common Core. When we saw Go Math last Spring we were impressed! This year we are piloting Go Math. I love how the Common Core Standards are shown at the beginning of each lesson. It also has many ways to help students gain a deeper understanding. I don't know if there is a math book that I can use entirely throughout the year. I love the Singapore Math Books and refer to them a lot!

sports1

Go math
Old 08-06-2012, 06:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Just moved the grade 4. Tried to get a sample to use in class since it goes with common core. The publisher said on back order. Does anyone have a code for thinkcentral that i can use to see what it is like.
sports1 is offline   Reply With Quote