Signs from loved ones who have passed...? - ProTeacher Community

eliza4one

Signs from loved ones who have passed...?
Old 06-18-2012, 10:42 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I've never experienced it, and therefore, never really believed that when loved ones passed away, they might make their presence known here on earth. However, my sisters and I just experienced something that now has me thinking differently.

We took a sisters only trip to Yellowstone National Park. Our first sister trip. Our mom passed away 2 years ago.

She had a dog named Tanner, who was her constant companion after my dad died when mom was ony 47. Mom became an LPN after dad died. She worked a lot with the elderly through hospice. Mainly in their homes. Tanner would often come along. When Tanner died, she had him cremated and put his ashes in a tin. She put the tin under her seat in her car. Tanner went everywhere with her, even in death.

So, three to four things happened on our trip. We were eating lunch in Bozeman, and an obscure song from a CD we made after her death came over the speaker. We're talking obscure songs like Anne Murray, The Carpenters, Jim Reeves, etc. It was quite the eclectic CD. I can't remember which song it was, but it was definitely one on her CD, and one you would not think to hear in a restaurant. I thought it was cool, but didn't think too much about it. I did mention it to my sisters, though.

Once we got to West Yellowstone, we were browsing the stores. Yet another song from the CD comes on!!!!

Then we were walking around West Yellowstone and my sister stops. At one of the outside food stands, yet another obscure song from the CD is playing. Again, I think, how neat. Right then, we see a service dog who is the same size and color of Tanner, but a different breed. We tell each other not to pet it. The lady walking him tells us he is a therapy dog and that we can pet him. She tells us how she visits the elderly in their homes and he provides comfort, etc. We ask what the dog's name is.....well wouldn't you know it....Tanner!!!

I about fainted right then and there. We looked at each other in disbelief. I got goosebumps.

Merely a coincidence? Now, I'm not so sure.

Why have I never gotten signs from my dad, I wonder?

Clarity

Well, you know what you saw, heard, and felt,
Old 06-18-2012, 10:55 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

so the only issue is, "Why would you question your own knowingness?" She was there on your trip with you. Perhaps your dad has already moved on to his next life and doesn't have time to contact you, but your mom is apparently taking her time. I have had similar things happen. Also, my daughter told me some VERY interesting things when she was just over two years old, about having been with me before. That goosebump feeling was your confirmation. It's more than goosebumps, though.

Evergreen

Old 06-19-2012, 01:54 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I just got teary eyed reading your post. Looks like your mom wanted in on the fun of your girls trip!

GraceKrispy

Old 06-19-2012, 02:12 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

That is very cool. I agree-- she wanted in on that trip!

MaryMac

I'm laughing a little
Old 06-19-2012, 02:38 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

As I picture your mom saying, "Come on girls, how many signs do I have to send!" No doubt in my mind, she was there with you!

bandmom

Old 06-19-2012, 02:40 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Your mom was there with you. No doubt.

iteach4th

Awesome....
Old 06-19-2012, 03:39 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I'm sure, if we really listened and paid attention, we'd probably see "signs" from our passed loved ones more often. I know I feel my mom and dad with me sometimes, but I wish it happened more often!

Feel very lucky........I believe she was there with you!

abcteacher

Old 06-19-2012, 03:40 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

Definitely NOT a coincidence. She was there with you. What a neat thing to be able to experience.

g8torteacher

Just too many signs...
Old 06-19-2012, 03:44 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

to be coincidental! You know she was there with you

pmpkin2

Old 06-19-2012, 04:10 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

Definitely signs from your mom! Glad she was with you.

PeaceRunner

Old 06-19-2012, 04:11 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

Yeah, I agree with everyone else. She was there and it was her way of telling you girls that she was proud and happy you were all together and had taken that trip together. She was letting you know by "joining" you.

I've experienced several incidents where I know that my deceased family members were letting me know they were watching over me or that they were okay. It's a WONDERFUL feeling once you realize what is going on.

I have a family member whom I was very close to die several months ago and I've had no signs. So, I know how you feel when you ask why your dad hasn't come around. I think she eventually will... either that or I've missed the small, subtle signs.

teabreak

Believe
Old 06-19-2012, 04:19 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

She was there

I personally believe that our loved ones send us signs to let us know they are ok. I have not lost my parents but hear and see signs from my passed on grandparents all the time.

My maternal grandmother loved wild yellow roses. I will be walking or driving around town and turn a different way sometimes for no real reason. Anyone who knows me knows that I am a creature of habit, so to go a different way is not normal. I will go a different way and there will be bushes upon bushes of yellow roses on the path or roadside. I smile and say thanks. I believe that my paternal grandmother sends eagles to check on her grandbabies as they were her favorite bird. We see them circling or swooping from time to time. Just a comfort.

Take comfort in the fact that your mom was there enjoying the time you and your sisters were having and that she has much love for you all to come and let you know she was there.

ordinarystar

Love this
Old 06-19-2012, 04:20 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #13

I LOVED reading this. I got goosebumps too!! Mama was there with you. As for Dad, maybe his messages were a bit more subtle so you may not have noticed but I'm sure he was there too!

newatprek

I believe...
Old 06-19-2012, 04:33 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #14

My grandmother passed away in December and she has been with us several times. I know in my heart of hearts it was her and I LOVE when it happens. Some people think it is creepy but I think it is the best thing ever! I love her so very much and I miss her dearly so anytime I can get a little feeling of her is a blessing!

linda2671

That's a beautiful story.
Old 06-19-2012, 04:37 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #15

I have a story too. A few months after my dad passed away, I noticed one day that there were several things that kept bringing Dad into my thoughts. I don't remember now what all of them were, but one of the incidents sticks in my mind. I went into my bedroom, and there lying on the bed was an envelope. I thought that was weird, and thought DH had left me a note when he went to work. I picked it up and it was just an envelope that had my daughter's name written on the front--it had contained a birthday card he sent her years ago. I smiled when I saw that the handwriting was his, and I thought at that time how it was like he was saying hello. I hadn't caught it with the other things that had reminded me of him, but this one really caught my attention.
Like you, I will always wonder, but I choose to think that he was just saying hello.

MathWA

Old 06-19-2012, 05:27 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #16

Yes your mom was there! Right after my Dad passed, my husband scooped me up and we left on a road trip to South Dakota. One night we parked our RV on top of a mountain where we were all alone. We sat outside where we listened to our favorite country songs and watched the Eagles soar over head. I had the most incredible feeling that Dad was saying to me, "i am here and all around you. I am the eagles in the sky, the beautiful green trees and the wind softly blowing". It was very comforting.
DDDIVA

DDDIVA

Old 06-19-2012, 05:40 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #17

I do believe that our loved ones are able to reach out to us and let us know they are with us. I have had many feelings/signs of loved ones. Were they real, I choose to be open to contact and believe that yes they were reaching out to me.

SassyTeach

That is AWESOME!
Old 06-19-2012, 06:14 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #18

I am covered in chills and have tears in my eyes. Girl, she was with you guys every step of the way. That is wonderful!!!

JanetL

Old 06-19-2012, 06:49 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #19

That is a beautiful story!

Teddi9192

My grandmother
Old 06-19-2012, 07:00 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #20

had to throw something at my mom to get her to believe. Mom was working in the kitchen and was very stressed. She was making one of my Grandmother's dishes (one with no recipe) and said out loud. "Mom what else goes in here. I wish you were here". A wall hanging immediately flew off the wall at her. It was one her mom had given her years ago. It didn't just fall, it traveled about 5 feet. Mom started laughing and said "Ok, Ok, I get it you are here". The missing ingredient was at the front of the fridge when she opened it.

My mom is one of the last people who would EVER believe in stuff like that but it got her attention that day.

eliza4one

Old 06-19-2012, 07:15 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #21

Thanks you all for reassuring me and for appreciating my story. For whatever reason, it means a lot to me.

76lake

Old 06-19-2012, 08:16 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #22

Thanks for sharing! I don't think it's a coincidence! Your post made me a little teary-eyed!

Sariana

my story
Old 06-19-2012, 08:35 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #23

Honestly, I don't usually believe in this type of thing, BUT...

My mom died not long after my family returned to California, and before we found and purchased our new house. Not long after we moved in, I looked out to the backyard and saw a single bloom of Queen Anne's Lace growing on our slope. I have never seen it since. Queen Anne's Lace is not common around here. I don't remember seeing it much in my experiences in CA at all.

Where did I see it all the time while growing up? When visiting my mom's parents in Ohio. Every summer we would walk to the pool through a field full of Queen Anne's Lace.

A sign? Who knows? But it made me feel just a little bit better that my mom never got to see our new house, knowing that just maybe she stopped by and left a "note" in our yard.

So I am not one to tell you that your mom was not trying to communicate with you. And if it made you feel better, what difference does it really make?

subczy

april
Old 06-19-2012, 08:38 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #24

In April I got the call my gpa passed away. While on the phone two doves landed.on my bedroom windowsill which has never happened before. They stayed there cooing the whole time as I cried in my dh arms. Doves are a .sound I associate with my gpa and always have. I was comforted and like to think gma and gpa sent them.

BioAdoptMom3

Old 06-19-2012, 09:11 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #25

I agree - she was there and wanted to be in on the action!

When one of my best friends lost her dad she was distraught. The day of the funeral I was going to set up the food at the house during the burial part. Before going I went to the store to get something to take. I had no idea what to get and as I was bowsing around the bakery I started looking at pies. Lemon pie is not something I normally really ever think of getting, but something kept telling me, "get the lemon pie". When I walked into her house with it she started crying. It was her dad's favorite - he even often made them for the family!

Nancy

chalkdusty

Old 06-19-2012, 09:53 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #26

Yes, I've had experiences like that too. When my first beau died several years ago, I found the necklace that he gave me when we were dating. It was in pretty bad shape so I took it to the local jeweler for a cleaning. When I went to pick it up, the music playing in the shop was a song by the Eagles - with the lines "what ever happened to Saturday night." Saturday night was our dating night, and we frequently listened to Eagles albums. I knew he was there.

pearlgirl50

Always with You
Old 06-19-2012, 10:20 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #27

Your Mom was with you and your sister. I really don't think that will be the last time either!
My Mom passed away a year and half ago from lung cancer. Her death was a sudden one. I talk to her daily and I feel her presence all of the time. She had a particular scent that we smell quite a bit in the car. Even my 2 daughters have said,"Grandma is with us!" She was in the Marines...I see the emblems a great deal more.. Songs that I hear on the radio that were her favorites remind me of my Mom....I could go on and on...however like your previous posts...it does give me comfort to know that even though she is gone she is still here.
May you have peace in the days ahead.

treysmom

Signs from loved ones
Old 06-19-2012, 03:41 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #28

What inspiring stories! How wonderful that your loved ones found ways to let you know they were with you.
I would like to share my story; I hesitate to tell it because some think I am just reaching for some way to connect with a loved one.
When my son was 16, his dad (my ex husband) had a seizure and was on life support for 2 weeks. Though we divorced when he was 4, he adored his dad, so you can imagine how hard this was for him-for all of us.
When we returned from the funeral, I was outside by my son's basketball goal-the two of them spent many hours shooting baskets. I looked down and right beside the goal were two pennies. I have always told that those who have passed can drop pennies, but I logically have thought it could not really happen. However, I must admit seeing those two pennies at the exact spot where they spent so many happy times......

eliza4one

Treys mom
Old 06-19-2012, 04:55 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #29

I got goosebumps reading your story. Thank you so much for sharing!

QueenBee2011

I believe!!
Old 06-19-2012, 09:54 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #30

Yes, I believe!
One amazing story happened to a friend of mine. She and her sister lost both their parents in an auto accident. The two sisters (believe it or not) met and fell in love with two brothers. They had a double wedding. During the ceremony a male and female deer came and stood in the distance. People were shooting pictures left and right of the two deer that seemed to be watching the ceremony. Oddly enough, none of the pictures came out. Wonderfully, the memory will forever stay with my friend and her sister.

When I lost my mom, my dad had several visits from her. She actually played tricks on him, like suddenly turning the t.v. on or unlocking doors. He was shaken up a bit, but I just laughed because that was my mom for you. I told her enough is enough and she stopped. But, I still laugh thinking about it.
It's such a comforting thought.
Thanks for sharing your story.

Debbie

I love this thread!
Old 06-20-2012, 10:09 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #31

I too, wholeheartedly believe! I have had many signs from loved ones over the years, but at the moment I can't think of even one right now because I'm so touched by all of your stories. I wanted to add something, but instead, just want to thank you all for posting. I love hearing these heartwarming stories!