Ugh, any creative people want to help get the ideas flowing... - ProTeacher Community

luv2teach36

Ugh, any creative people want to help get the ideas flowing...
Old 07-03-2012, 01:44 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I'm going to apologize now for how long this is...I really just need some opinions, advice, input, and creative ideas I'm at a total standstill and I'm kind of "talking" this out as I type.

Ok, I thought I was totally for sure sticking to my theme of "Rockin' Into Space"....I am using bright (neon) colors with polka dots, and I'm going to have a guitar shaped clip chart with rocket flames coming out of the bottom. All of my sayings on the guitar are rocket/space themed. I spent hours designing a few different binder cover ideas and finally decided on one (with adorable clip art from Thistlegirl Designs).

THEN.....haha....I see this cuteness :http://www.flickr.com/photos/venosda...7624470606489/
And I think, "hmm...I'm going to for sure try and re-create the robot canvas, and if I can find the other stuff really cheap, maybe that cute big robot in her room". And THEN my teammate told me she is doing a robot theme. And THEN I found the CUTEST robot clip art from Lettering Delights.

So NOW....I kinda want to do "Rockin' Robots" but still with a little bit of space since our school was just named after Christa McAuliffe.

Sorry this is long, I just need to "talk" my ideas out and need some feedback!

I still want to do my guitar clip chart with the rocket flames and the sayings. I could add a big robot to hold the guitar or maybe I can make my kiddo's clips have little cute robots on the end (oooo I like that!). I also want to make a big ipod to put our morning routine on...

Let me back up; either way I go with this, I don't want to go all out "theme-y". My basic areas of theme-iness will be my clip chart and my binder stuff. The rest of my room will be bright colors, a few polka dotted things (like border, etc), and emphasis on technology and science.

So my current binder (when I was just thinking Rockin' Into Space) says, Second Grade is a BLAST! with a Thistlegirl picture that has an alien, astronaut, and space girl (I'll see if I can take a picture and upload it) with Welcome To Our World around it. The graphics looks really nice and like it goes together, instead of just random things put on it.

I have been messing around with the Funky Robots from Lettering Delights and actually emailed them to ask about putting some guitars in the robots hands, music notes, etc. So that's possibly in the works. Right now my binder still says Second Grade is a BLAST and it has two robots and in the middle a cute guitar (also from Lettering Delights) that I am trying to put flames under. It just doesn't look as put together as Thistlegirl, because that graphic had all the characters together in a set (does that make sense?)

I can work on that, but I can not think of a cute saying to go with it if I go with the robots. Even if I don't use it and stick with Thistlegirl and Rockin' Into Space, I'd like to help my teammate out so I will for sure still use the ideas!

I was thinking maybe...Second Grade Rockin' ROBOTS (no ideas for acronym though) Or BOTS (I had Being Organized Together, but no clue what to put for the S...maybe Being Organized Together at School?) Or maybe something with GEAR (have seen some ideas for acronym, but can't come up with a saying)...hopefully this is all making sense. I feel at a complete standstill and need some ideas or input on where to go with this. Maybe it's the fact that while I'm thinking, I'm also making balloon animals for my daughter who is a princess at the moment

So...a few questions:

If I stick with the first idea (Rockin' Into Space) and use Thistlegirl and not the robot ideas, would it look funny to have four robot canvases in my room and do some robot themed stuff in my room?

If I do Robots, should it just be Rockin' Robots and not really space anything? Would my guitar clip chart look out of place with the flames at the bottom and the rocket sayings? I personally think that might actually work really well, especially if I print, laminate, and hot glue little robots to the end of each kiddo's clip.

I think I'm leaning towards the second idea and just go for it with the Robots. Only hangup is the dumb binder cover since so far, nothing's really flowing on that.

Ok, last thing, I swear! I took pictures of the binder covers...the robot one is totally a work in progress. I have lots of different robots I can use, and I'm really hoping Lettering Delights can make me some rockstar robots! If they can, I think that would fix the whole issue! Of course I'll change coloring on background and fonts to match up better, but I think I need a saying that flows better.

If anyone actually read all of that, THANK YOU!!!!!

**UPDATE** I messed around with the BOT cover idea and came up with this. I know the spacing is off and I will probably change graphics, but how does something like that look? Should I change it so Second Grade has all the differnt colors and rockin' is plain black?

Attachment

Sign in to view attachment. Not a member? Sign Up FREE
luv2teach36 is offline   Reply With Quote

luv2teach36

Binder Cover 2...
Old 07-03-2012, 01:45 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Here is the second binder cover
Attachment

luv2teach36

3rd Binder...
Old 07-03-2012, 01:46 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

And the 3rd Binder cover, again if anyone read that whole thing and has any ideas, thanks a million!
Attachment

The Cafe

I like the 3rd cover
Old 07-03-2012, 02:42 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I like the third cover. It is cute and shows your theme well. I would stick to one theme. It will be more uniform and will be easier for the kids to really grasp the theme. I like that you and your partner are both robot themes. Your "Rockin" theme makes it unique to your room, but shows a connection.

Not sure how to tie space into this, unless your robots are like the Jetsons and live in space.
The Cafe is offline   Reply With Quote

MPage

I like the 3rd one!
Old 07-03-2012, 02:48 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I'm not very creative but here's my opinion.

I thought you were crazy for thinking to combine robots, flamin' guitars, and rockin'.....BUT when I saw the binder covers it looks great together!!!! I totally love the 3rd binder cover!!!

MPage is offline   Reply With Quote

aeiouteach

Old 07-03-2012, 02:56 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

LOVE it!
aeiouteach is offline   Reply With Quote

FLeduGATOR

Old 07-03-2012, 03:26 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I like the third design, but I do think that three "themes" seems kind of overwhelming.
FLeduGATOR is offline   Reply With Quote

luv2teach36

Thanks....
Old 07-03-2012, 03:40 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

That's what I was thinking as well! I think I'm committed to Rockin' Robots with the guitar clip chart. Do you think the clip chart with the rocket aspect would be confusing? I kind of just want to emphasize science and technology, but with our namesake I feel like a little bit of space might be needed.
Here are the sayings for my clip chart:
Rockin' Into Space
Shooting For The Moon
Blasting Off
Ready For Launch
Danger Zone
Houston, We Have A Problem
Mayday! Mayday!
It that confusing? It would be the only thing space related and it's really more rocket related....which kind of goes with "Rockin" haha....too much of a stretch?

mrsjames2nd

Great room!
Old 07-04-2012, 07:02 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

I love seeing unique classroom designs. Love the file desk system and the big robot. I also agree it may be confusing to incorporate space robots who rock, but your cover #3 is too cute.
mrsjames2nd is offline   Reply With Quote

Edu-Kate

This is TOTALLY out of my element but
Old 07-05-2012, 10:44 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

what if your cover (3rd one - I like it too!) read something like "Rockin' Bots are BLASTing into 2nd Grade!" You could use the robots, the rocket guitar, and keep your BLAST acronym. Might be totally too much, but I thought I would throw it out there!
Edu-Kate is offline   Reply With Quote