Bucket Fillers? - ProTeacher Community

Lalacristo

Bucket Fillers?
Old 07-16-2012, 01:34 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I know this may sound stupid, but I have been reading a lot of posts about bucket fillers. What are they and how do you use them? Thanks!

Lalacristo is offline   Reply With Quote

Laura

Catch them boing good
Old 07-16-2012, 02:00 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

It is a way to make the children understand that when they are mean, not follow directions etc they are "dipping" into other's buckets (imaginary)

You catch them being good and also take away (in some classrooms) if they are dipping.
Laura is offline   Reply With Quote

Crafty'sClass

Bucket filling book
Old 07-16-2012, 03:01 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

The whole idea comes from the book, Have You Filled A Bucket Today? by Carol McCloud. You can do it with individual buckets (cups in a plastic over the door hanging shoe holder) or a class bucket. I did a class bucket one year in Transitional Kindergarten and it worked out well for our '100 things to a reward' program.

This is the book on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Have-You-Fille.../dp/1933916168
Crafty'sClass is offline   Reply With Quote

treysmom

Bucket Fillers
Old 07-17-2012, 04:01 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I have used this in my room. I copied a sand bucket pic (from a coloring book) on colored const. paper & laminated 1 for each student. I put them up with their name on their bucket. I found a sheet of raindrops that I also laminated. They get a raindrop on their bucket (attach with sticky tak) when I see them being a bucket filler. When they get 10 raindrops, they get to reach in my prize bucket. I asked PTA for $ to buy items-not expensive, but a step up from a pencil, etc. There is a bucket coloring sheet & award on the web site to give them as well. After reaching 10 raindrops, I take them down and they start over again. I enlarged the same pic for our class bucket-when we get 12 raindrops in it, I bring a "bucket" of ice cream as a treat for the class.
treysmom is offline   Reply With Quote