Help

BusyBoard

National Board Renewal - anyone?!

>

SusanTeach

National Board Renewal - anyone?!
Old 07-17-2012, 05:49 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

What's the main difference in renewal and the first time?

I can't order my box until Sept. 1st, and I haven't been to any workshops. Any suggestions on what I could be doing right now? School starts Aug. 1st if that helps. I did some professional development this summer.

Tips? I hear it's not as time-consuming - true? Should I try to find a workshop and/or mentor?

I'm going into year 8, so if I don't pass I have another year to try - but of course I want to get it right the FIRST time!

Thanks for any thoughts!!!!

SusanTeach is offline   Reply With Quote

gcontrer

Old 07-17-2012, 06:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Renewal is not nearly as time consuming as the first time around! There are 3 shorter entries and one reflection component. There is no assessment center for renewal!! I just renewed last year. I found a support group at a nearby university that was really helpful. You have to write about how you have continued to grow as a teacher, leader, and your involvement with parents. You have to submit a short video of you teaching (about 8 minutes) and you have the option of submitting a video or documentation of your work with parents. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions. Good luck!
gcontrer is offline   Reply With Quote

TwistingTeach

Old 07-17-2012, 08:54 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I'm in the same boat with you SusanTeach! I looked at the requirements on the NBPTS website and read this extremely long document about renewal. The document was intimidating at first, but once I read through it, it didn't seem too bad. I listed some of the things I have done/learned since I was first certified that I could possibly use as documented accomplishments (I think that's what they're called). You need to have four of them, and you go into depth on two of them. Like you, I want to get this done the first time! Good luck!
TwistingTeach is offline   Reply With Quote