ARCHIVE

Race Car Theme

>

gh

gh

Race Car Theme
Old 05-28-2007, 08:31 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Any ideas for bulletin board titles and other things for a RACE CAR theme?
Thanks,
-gh

Rattlergal

Rattlergal

Race Car Themes
Old 05-29-2007, 05:30 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I did a NASCAR theme last year and everything in my classroom carried the theme. For my Accelerated Reader program I made a bulletin board with a race track. I used a bulletin board set of cars and placed each student's name on a car which moved along the track at 25%, 50%, 75%, and 100% of their A.R. goal. For writing I made a bulletin board that said "On the 'Write' Track" and I placed posters of positive traits of writing. After examining their writing, I pulled out challenges I observed in their writing and placed it on a sentence strip to post under the "pit stop".

For the bulletin boards I used checkered flag fabric, red flags, green flags, and yellow flags. Oustanding examples of student work were displayed in an area titled the "Winner's Circle". I used coloring books with NASCAR themes from the Dollar Store to enhance posters.

There' so much you can do with this! Hope this helps.

Deborah Saenz

Disney Cars
Old 06-14-2007, 07:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I wrote this for a different post:
I am doing a race theme for the coming year. I ordered some plastic checkered flags. I put the students' pictures on yellow stars with their names. I stapled the stars on the checkered flags. My title is "On your mark, get set, GO!!!" At the bottom I put "Victory..." I bought a Disney Cars jumbo coloring book at Walmart. I colored and cut out the different characters. (My niece was impressed that I used the right colors.) They are spread out on the board. On PT I found a site: ACME dot com/License Maker and printed out CA license plates that say "Second Grade #1." They look like real plates. They are on my board. I also put the character cut outs, checkered flags, and a license plate on my calendar. For my rules I have, "Driven to Succeed..." and "RACE-Respect, Attitude, Cooperate, Encourage." (Also found on PT.) On my door I will have license plates that say, "Welcome to Second". I will also put up the Disney Cars characters. I bought wall stickers at Home Depot. I will put up the checkered flags. At Walmart they have cute Disney Cars fabric. I plan on using it to cover a table in my reading area. My job chart will say, "On the Job Track". Another PT idea. I will put the wall stickers around the room. I also ordered street signs that say different things about reading.
Other PT ideas for the theme:

Rev up your engines for Second Grade
Driven to read, driven to succeed
Full Speed Ahead for a Year of Learning Fun
We're Right on Track for Second Grade
Welcome to Mrs. ____________'s Motor Speedway
On the 'Write' Track
The Winner's Circle

I am having fun with this theme!
Deborah Saenz is offline   Reply With Quote